[FIXED] [S] New Year's Eve Make a Resolution option is disabled

by Draumkvad

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] New Year's Eve Make a Resolution option is disabled

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, sim was a young adult, went to university and suddenly it keeps saying that my sim has already made a resolution during the New Years Eve holiday event. There is no resolution to be found anywhere! Hopefully a wee fix will put it right. 

Message 11 of 18 (794 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I think it's clear that this has something to do with University and being associated with a university degree. My first sim with this problem has graduated and gotten his diploma. A new New Year's Eve has come up, and this time he's able to make a resolution. His boyfriend however, is not able to. Vaughn, the boyfriend, was an npc, but now he's moved in with Josh.

Vaughn is not enrolled for a term. The Career tab says he has graduated, but unlike Josh, the university section of the career tab sticks around. It's been like this ever since he joined the household (See screenshot). I'm guessing Vaughn's "finished, but not quite finished" degree is the reason he can't make a resolution now, but Josh can.

Message 12 of 18 (786 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I’ve had the same problem. Both my sims are enrolled in university, one can make a resolution the other cannot 🙈

Message 13 of 18 (755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Issue is caused by being in an organisation - tasks are classified as timed aspirations

Message 14 of 18 (952 Views)

★★★ Novice

Until patched, I think this is the answer. My sim was in debate club and once I made him leave it, it fixed this bug for me. Thank you!

Message 15 of 18 (705 Views)

Re: [WORKAROUND] [S] New Year's Eve Make a Resolution option is disabled

Champion (Retired)

Perhaps related in being a University student but that is not the case for me.
My current household are twin Teens that are still in high school. There are in Scouts though and at least one could not make a resolution because the game says they already have one. They also have their own household club with only the two of them as members.
As @kusurusu  suggested this could be related to organizations.

- EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 16 of 18 (677 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I'm not sure if the household clubs are always an issue, though they could be at times. I had the issue where my one young adult sim was unable to make a New Year's resolution and he was in a university organization, but his younger teen sister could make (and fulfill) her resolution (she had been a scout but was in the drama club when it was New Years) and they were both in club for their household.  I have another household (in another save) where I also use a family club and both teen sims were able to make (and fulfill) their resolutions; I know they had been scouts but I'm not sure if they had already left that before New Years came around.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 17 of 18 (645 Views)

★ Pro

Issue should be fixed by today's patch - game now tests for specific timed aspirations

Message 18 of 18 (2,242 Views)