Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] New Year's Eve Make a Resolution option is disabled

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: University, Seasons, City Living, Get to Work Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat Stuff packs: Toddler, Kids Room, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not quite sure. My best guesses would be to make New Year's Eve resolution for a teen or child, then age up the sim before their resolution is complete.
What happens when the bug occurs? New Year's Eve action "Make a Resolution..." is greyed out with a tooltip: "Josh already has a resolution. Look at the Simology Thumbs up panel to check on its progress." However, if I look at the Simology panel there's no resolution listed, and I also definitely didn't make any resolution this year for this sim. Side note: Josh's roommate can make a resolution just fine.
What do you expect to see? A normal "Make a Resolution..." option that can be clicked in order to set a resolution.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot shows the greyed out Make a Resolution option as well as the Simology panel without any active resolution

Message 1 of 18 (2,219 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [WORKAROUND] [S] New Year's Eve Make a Resolution option is disabled

★ Pro

Issue should be fixed by today's patch - game now tests for specific timed aspirations

View in thread

Message 18 of 18 (2,230 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] New Year's Eve Make a Resolution option is disabled

Hero
@Draumkvad To be sure I understand you right, you had a holiday where the kid had a resolution but didn't complete it on that holiday.

Between the holiday where the resolution wasn't completed and the next one, the Sim aged up to the next age state and then you had the greyed out message ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 18 (2,185 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

That's the best theory I have for how it could've happened, but I don't actually remember having a resolution for that sim that wasn't completed.

It's just one of the possible differences I could think of between Josh who has this bug and Cameron (the roommate) who doesn't have the problem. I never played the roommate when he was a kid or teen, he was just assigned to be played by me when Josh moved to university.

Message 3 of 18 (2,180 Views)

Hero
@Draumkvad OK. Thanks for the extra info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 18 (2,153 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Confirmed, same issue here. I see no apparent reason for the bug.

Message 5 of 18 (2,093 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This happened to me as well. Created a new game save after recent patch, New Year's came around for the first time for my sim and I could not "Make a Resolution" because I already made one. It tells me to look in the simology panel and there is none.

Message 6 of 18 (2,077 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem here. My sim is currently enrolled in University and I definitely didn't set a resolution, however when i try to select one the button is greyed out and states i have already made a resolution and to check it in my Simology panel. When looking there, there is no resolution showing.

Message 7 of 18 (2,047 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] New Year's Eve Make a Resolution option is disabled

★★★★ Guide

To everyone with this problem, was your sim enrolled in University at the time? I'm not sure, but that's the only time I've encountered this bug. My other sim who was not enrolled could make a resolution just fine.

Message 8 of 18 (2,031 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@janyses Yes, my sim with the problem was enrolled in University. However, his roommate didn't have the problem. The roommate was either enrolled or on probation. I can't remember exactly.
Message 9 of 18 (2,021 Views)

★★ Guide

I really hope this is fixed in December so my sims can make New Year's Resolutions.

Message 10 of 18 (2,004 Views)