Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] New Year Resolution not fulfilling

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim make a New Years resolution to get promoted.
What happens when the bug occurs? The resolution is not fulfilled even though the sim was promoted within the time limit (he still has 2 days left)
What do you expect to see? For the resolution to be fulfilled when the requirement is met
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm guessing it was after the patch August 5th.

I have a sim in the Detective career. On New Years Eve, he made the resolution to get promoted. He got promoted from Seargant to Lieutenant (career level 6 to 7), but the resolution is still in his Simology panel, unfulfilled, even though the requirement has been met. I've not had any problems with resolutions before last Thursdays patch, so my guess is that something got borked that day. If it matters: he's a YA human sim living in Oasis Springs.

Message 1 of 33 (8,254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Promotion New Year Resolution not fulfilling

Hero

Sims can now complete New Year resolutions on any lot, and not just their home lots.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 29 of 33 (7,415 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro

Thank you for making this thread, I can 100 % confirm this. It started indeed in August. I tried raising a skill and achieving an aspiration milestone several times with no success.

Message 2 of 33 (8,166 Views)

★★★ Guide
@alanmichael1 Oh so its not only the promotion resolution then? I've only played through New Years with one sim since the last patch, so haven't noticed any of the others not working. I usually pick "Raise a skill" and pick one that won't take much time (low level or almost full bar). Haven't tested any of my other households yet.
Message 3 of 33 (8,157 Views)

★★★★ Pro

No, it looks like all resolutions are affected (though this has to be tested). I'm also sure that it started before last week's patch, I guess it was the Moschino patch.

Message 4 of 33 (8,151 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 As there are several stuff not fulfilling anymore when going traveling (whims, freelancer tasks,) could you confirm to me if you guys went travelling to another lot while the resolution was open ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 33 (8,127 Views)

★★ Guide

Complete an aspiration milestone was already bugged (for me) but the only resolutions I've seen that still work are 

-better grades (children/teens only)

-raise a skill. 

Promotion is sometimes bugged for me, but some sims were able to complete it, while others got flipped off.  Furthermore, did they ever fix the freelancer career not completing the promotion resolution? 

Message 6 of 33 (8,104 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinrict The sim I was playing is a Detective, he's traveling to and from work, and also during the work day (go to crime scene/issue APB and arrest). I'm seeing issues with his whims as well.
Message 7 of 33 (8,090 Views)

Hero
@Kathykins Do you also have issues with other holiday tasks ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 33 (8,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

@crinrict It happened to me on my home lot too, BUT after installing RoM the bug seems gone (at least temporarily). I just fulfilled my resolution by raising a skill.

EDIT: It was just coincidence, my other Sim didn't manage to fulfill his resolution.

Message 9 of 33 (8,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrictI'm currently playing my test save after installing RoM (unemployed, single sim), and only had Love Day with one task/tradition so far (watch Romantic TV show) and that was fulfilled. The sim didn't travel until after watching TV.

ETA: It seems most of the holiday tasks/traditions can be completed. I've had Harvestfest and Winterfest complete successfully. Though there was no traveling involved, I will usually always do all traditions at home. Only exception is Night on the town, which in a lot of cases needs to be done away from home (unless you have a food stall in the neighbourhood, in which case I use that to finish the "holiday")

Message 10 of 33 (8,043 Views)