Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Sims won't use skating rinks

by paradiseplanet27

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
What do you mean? How can you not reproduce this? If NPC's using skating rinks on their own happens on your end, can you tell us what are the parameters to get Sims to skate on their own without having to ask them to? Because I'm pretty sure sims rarely skate wherever a rink is available.
Message 11 of 25 (890 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yeah, how is this not being reproduced? I've never seen any NPC Sims use skating rinks. Not only that, but I've definitely seen the excessive attraction to chess tables above all else at parks as well. If you're getting NPC Sims to use the skating rink, then I'm really interested in knowing how you managed it.

Message 12 of 25 (869 Views)

EA app Team

@paradiseplanet27 and @Lorraine-Simmer 

Let's not get rude here Standard smile

If the issue is happening in your game, could you please share your save files? 

Someone answered your question? Hit that 'Accept as Solution' button.

You like a post? 'XP' button is your friend.

Message 13 of 25 (862 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Sorry. I didn't intend for that to come across as rude. I was just curious as to how you were getting your Sims to use the skating rinks on the off chance that maybe we weren't doing something right. I'll see if I can whip up a save.

Message 14 of 25 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SimGuruIcarus @EA_Mage

Got a save for you! No hard feelings. Sorry again about that.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dVfV0SAZkgYzZWU6duneOaTNiliys-pl

From what I can see, my own Sim is frequently drawn to the rink autonomously, but nobody else in the area is.

Message 15 of 25 (851 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide
My reply wasn't meant to be rude either; I just simply don't see how other people have been having problems with minimal NPC activity with skating rinks and yet it still can't be reproduced on your end. I simply want sims to use the rinks on their own and would be grateful to know how to attract them, please?
Message 16 of 25 (831 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @paradiseplanet27 @Lorraine-Simmer!

No worries! I understand your frustration. 

Sometimes issues that are pretty clear on a specific game client or save, are hard to reproduce in others. There's too many variables that could cause those specific issues. But our job is precisely that, get to the bottom of those issues so we can start working on them. Hence the questions. 

We have 23 reports, and we have not been able to reproduce the behaviour you are experiencing. Thanks to your saves and info, we will probably be able to do so. So, thank you very much for your cooperation guys. We really appreciate it :D

Happy simming! And thank you for your patience!  

Message 17 of 25 (777 Views)

★★★★ Pro

That is really astonishing. My NPCs don't even skate autonomously when they are in a skating club.

Message 18 of 25 (770 Views)

★★ Guide

Tried to build a venue with Skating Rink and Bar. Tried all venue options but Sims just stay at Bar. Whats the point of having a Skating Rink if no Sims will use it when placed in a community venue.

Kind regards James.

Message 19 of 25 (735 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I as well have been experiencing the issues mentioned here, Sims don't use the skating rinks, as well as sims being overly obsessed with Chess tables at parks. 

Message 20 of 25 (678 Views)