Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] NPC Sims won't use skating rinks

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Download some skating rinks from the gallery marked as night clubs,lounge,gyms etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Npc sims aren't using the skating rinks.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this fixed like pools were when npc sims wouldn't use them..
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Came with Seasons

Npc sims won't use the skating rinks regardless of lot type and it's happening on the ones that plop down as well. There is even a thread on it.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/943293/best-lot-type-for-rinks

Message 1 of 25 (5,493 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [FIXED] [S] NPC Sims won't use skating rinks

Hero

Fixed an issue where NPC Sims were not autonomously using the skating rinks that appear in certain neighborhoods.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 23 of 25 (4,463 Views)

All Replies

Re: NPC Sims won't use skating rinks

★ Guide

Same here. I created a park with bowling and skating rinks. They use the bowling, but don't touch the skating rinks unless I add them to a group and force them. I really wish townies would skate autonomously.

Message 2 of 25 (5,428 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] NPC Sims won't use skating rinks

★★ Guide

Crin

This is very easy to reproduce.

Message 3 of 25 (5,390 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] NPC Sims won't use skating rinks

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yeah, but I haven't had the time

Backlog

I can see it but as I don't know if it's by design or a bug, I'll tag this as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 25 (5,365 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [S] NPC Sims won't use skating rinks

★★★★ Pro

Yes, Sims don't use the rink autonomously and even if you create a club of townies they will not use it but stand outside the rink and comment the skaters (mis)fortunes which is quite nice.

BUT it is nevertheless very easy to fill the rink! Let your played Sim start to skate, then click on every nearby Sim you like and invite him/her to join you. They will obey immediately and skate with you for a long time. It is not necessary that your Sim knows the townies. Maybe this is even by design to avoid chaos on the rinks. Perhaps a guru can clarify this.

Message 5 of 25 (5,343 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
My Sim , or any other , will not use the roller rink in Willow creek. The food stall near it is fine and busy but no one uses the rink.
My Sim will use rinks in other "towns" though.Thought I'd pass that along.
Message 6 of 25 (5,310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

This question is really frustrating and I posted the same thing here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16589290#Comment_16589290

Sims simply aren't attracted to rinks, and to me it doesn't make the slightest sense that this object doesn't work on lots classified as parks.

And the problem is not only that, the Sims are EXTREMELY compulsive by chess tables. This object is a real curse. They became extremely unbearable. Sims use this object excessively, and it's annoying.

Imagem 1

Children use only playground objects from the base game. They don't use the swing introduced by The Sims 4 Seasons, at least not autonomously.

I added water slides and plastic pools to the Sims on a summer day, but they practically paid no attention to those objects added by me. They were just paying attention to what I added to the lots after I deleted those damn chess tables.

Imagem 2

These chess tables are a real problem.

Producers need to review WITH URGENCY objects that Sims may develop interest in using in community lots, because we add stuff, and Sims simply don't use it at all. It's an irritating and frustrating experience.

Message 7 of 25 (5,253 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] NPC Sims won't use skating rinks

[ Edited ]
Hero

I've added this.

By all your descriptions; I don't think it's by design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 25 (5,224 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I haven't tested this with a lot that has a skating ring , but whenever a skating ring was spawned in the world, NPC would use it no problem. Truth is it doesn't seem to get very crowded, but they do use it. I had one Spawn right next to the Willow Creek Park, and at least 3 townies used it while my sim was there
Message 9 of 25 (5,184 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone,

We have not been able to reproduce this issue. 

Would any of you be willing to share your save files with us? If so, please follow these instructions:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Also, I have a few questions:

Was an event going on? Like a holiday event or a birthday event? 
Were you able to reproduce this issue on a new save, or only if pre-patch saves? 

Thank you very much for your reports!

Message 10 of 25 (5,069 Views)