Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Missing scout manual/trophies

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? dogs and cats, get to work, seasons, vampires
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Earn first scout badge on a retail lot your parents own
What happens when the bug occurs? No scout guide appears in child's inventory. Question: Is there another way to get the scout guide?
What do you expect to see? A scout guide
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

First day using Sims 4 seasons. Got my kid to get the first scout badge on a retail lot. It said I got a Scout guide book or manual.  No book in family inventory, on ground, or in child's inventory.

Question: Is there a secondary way to get the book?  How necessary is the book, should I load an older save file for it?  Is this a bug or something else?

Message 1 of 19 (6,504 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Missing scout manual/trophies

Hero

Fixed an issue in which rewards from the Scout after school activity were not being awarded properly.
○ The reward will now appear in the Sims’ Inventory, instead of being unlocked in Build Mode.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 19 of 19 (3,215 Views)

All Replies

Re: missing scout manual

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

I had to go to kids section in build/buy to get it. That was after I got the message my Sim earned it. I don't think the trophies appeared either.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 19 (6,458 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Missing scout manual

★★★ Apprentice

Hiya! 

It's not in the inventory but in every bookshelf after you reached the first level of the career. 

Message 3 of 19 (6,434 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

You're right about the trophies. They're not showing up. That can't be right. 

Message 4 of 19 (6,429 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi everyone,

Have you checked the family inventory for the manual and trophies?  are they purchasable in the build/buy mode?

Cheers!

Message 5 of 19 (6,406 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I added a 'me too' as I had the same thing happen, no manual or trophy, and I did look in my family inventory. I did see the option to buy the scout manual so I did, but by the time I noticed it, my sims had reached the top of the 'career' so I'm not sure if it's meant to do anything. Standard smile

Best regards,

Jennifer

Message 6 of 19 (6,382 Views)

Hero
Tagging this as unsure for now cause with this many reports, it seems an issue. Just don't know if it's by design or something going on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (6,349 Views)

Re: [UNSURE] [S] Missing scout manual/trophies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I never get the trophies or the books... But the book is buyable. I'm not sure about the throphy though. If the notification says that I get something for a career then I would except to find it in one of the inventories just like with adult careers.

Message 8 of 19 (6,323 Views)

★★★ Novice

I was able to buy the manual in buy mode.  I checked al inventories and it was not there.  I have not seen a trophy. 

Message 9 of 19 (6,307 Views)

★★ Pro

I had to buy the manual and the bronze trophy that my child Sim just earned in Build/Buy. I checked the family inventory and every bookshelf on the lot. No scouting manual or trophy.

Message 10 of 19 (6,268 Views)