Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Low payment for botanist career

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the Expansions and game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be in the botanist branch of the gardening career that came with the seasons update and select work from home.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim gets the alert an hour before work time. I select work from home. Sim completes the at home work task and then when my sim is supposed to work again I get a notification that the boss was happy with their work and they earned 10 simoleans.
What do you expect to see? I expect her to make more than 10 simoleans a day for being level 9 in the career. If I send her to work off the lot she makes about 700 simoleans a day.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I appeared after the update with the glass roofs and seasons came out. I started the save game right after seasons was officially activated.

I have seen others claim to have the same issue except they make 11 simoleans a day instead of the 10 I am getting. 

Message 1 of 21 (3,893 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gardners only get $10 to work from home -- problem

Hero

Updated the Gardening career so that Sims will earn more than 10 Simoleons per completed work shift.

Fixed in Patch 1.51.75

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 21 of 21 (2,602 Views)

All Replies

Re: Botanist Career Work from Home Pay

★★ Apprentice

Thought this was odd too though it might be intentional as gardening can be pretty lucrative. All based on the assumption that you will sell produce and or floral arraignments during your day at home. Still isn't consistent with the other stay-at-home careers.

Message 2 of 21 (3,825 Views)

Re: Botanist Career Work from Home Pay

Hero
Not sure if this can be considered a bug or just feedback.

Tagging as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 21 (3,806 Views)

Gardening career pays $10 simoleans per day total when your boss is happy.

★★★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Join the gardening career with the freelance botanist aspiration. Also choose the work from home for the career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically when you are in this career and get payed for each day you get paid $10 dollars cause your boss is happy with your work you get paid $10 simoleans. Then when you finish your work from home job for the day you also get paid $10 simoleans only. It happens every single time and makes it hard to earn funds to pay nearly $32000 simolean bills due to the new thermostat doubling the price of the bills.
What do you expect to see? To get paid the full amount for the gardening career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The seasons patch/seasons being added to the game since this career is from seasons.

Bug occurs 100%of the time in my game.

Message 4 of 21 (3,787 Views)

Re: Gardening career pays $10 simoleans per day total when your boss is happy.

Hero
@Sorceress2696 Merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 21 (3,783 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks @crinrict

Message 6 of 21 (3,781 Views)

★★★ Novice

Is there a way to find out for sure if this is a bug or just how the game should work? I haven't really commented on the forums before and am unsure how to get a resolution. 

Message 7 of 21 (3,744 Views)

Hero

I'm trying to find out if it is currently.

There's a lot going on at the moment so you could just subscribe to this thread to see if there's any answers.

If you're impatient, you could also ask the Gurus directly on twitter to see if you get an answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (3,721 Views)

[S] Gardeners earn an incorrect amount of moeny while working from home

★★★★ Guide

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let a Sim join the gardener career and choose to work from home when it's time to work
What happens when the bug occurs? Completing all work from home assignments only earns you 10 Simoleons, when it should be the same amount as going to work normally.
What do you expect to see? You should earn the same amount of money as going to work normally.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

For a more technical explanation, the tunable 'simoleons_for_assignments_per_day' is simply not set up for any of the gardener career levels. You always only earn 10 Simoleons as that's the default value defined in Python for this tunable. To fix this, tune 'simoleons_for_assignments_per_day' to the same amount as the daily pay.

Message 9 of 21 (3,675 Views)

Re: [S] Gardeners earn an incorrect amount of moeny while working from home

Hero
Merged your post with existing thread @elelunicy

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (3,647 Views)