Re: [OPEN] [S] Leaf piles/Ashes don't disappear

by FaerieNymph13

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm playing a fresh game after I just installed seasons last week.  Leaf piles automatically formed, no one raked them nor did I ever see an option to rake.  After about a sim day or two, they had this gross cloud around them which I thought was odd.  I tried burning one but it was still there.  Halfway through winter they were still there when I decided to research this problem to realize this is a months long bug apparently(since release).  After trying to burn them again, they finally did disappear, and there were multiple piles of ashes underneath that I assume were from the previous attempts.   They were all in my home neighborhood, but I was only able to clean up the 2 ash piles closest to my lot, and the rest are still there as of writing.  The hover-over says there is no trash nearby, even though my lot is 2 houses away in the same 'hood.  

Message 41 of 75 (1,215 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is a great idea! I tried it, but my problem is that it doesn't allow me the throw away option, even when the trashcan is my head. Am I missing something?

Message 42 of 75 (1,138 Views)

Champion
It has to be an outdoor trash can, not the small indoor ones.
Message 43 of 75 (1,121 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem, I have tried burning leaf piles and they never turn to ash, and the leaf piles never disappear on their own when seasons change.

Message 44 of 75 (1,017 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've been having this issue as well; it's not that gamebreaking, but it is annoying when the leaf piles fail to go away.

Sometimes it takes me two burn 'attempts" to get the leaf pile to go away; after that, I run into a different problem, namely that I can't get rid of the ash pile that forms since there's no nearby trash can.

This becomes really annoying in neighborhoods like Forgotten Hollow, where leaf piles can show up quite a ways away from any trash bin.

- B

Message 45 of 75 (1,009 Views)

Champion

Same for me.  I have finally gotten rid of some leaf piles, but I had to burn them multiple times before they actually burned! Shocked  With some of the ashes that remained I was able to throw away, but with others it was impossible.  And yes, Forgotten Hollow is especially bad -- I'm beginning to think that is why it is called Forgotten Hollow--they forgot to put trashcans there! Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 46 of 75 (968 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same exact problem. They're able to burn, mostly with one try, sometimes two, but the ash will stay since my sims can't dispose of it. I don't think this was addressed in the most recent Nov. 13th update, since it's still happening to me. It looks bad and even makes my outdoor loving sims dislike the outdoors. This bug stinks.

Message 47 of 75 (939 Views)

★★ Guide
After the 13 November patch, it seems like I only get one pile and some places NPC will throw away the ashes even though my active sim couldn't.
Message 48 of 75 (873 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I decided to start a new game after patch and low and behold the leaf piles still remain (technically it’s multiple piles on top of each other) and get super stinky. Wish they would fix this it’s a fire hazard! 

Message 49 of 75 (868 Views)

Re: [PS4[ [S] Leaf piles not disappearing cant throw away ashes

★★★ Novice
I have this problem too but I play on PC. So annoying to have stinky piles of leaves all around my houses.
Message 50 of 75 (836 Views)