Re: [OPEN] [S] Leaf piles/Ashes don't disappear

by AmandaSmith1221

Original Post

Re: Sims won't clean up ash from public leaf burning, doens't despawn

★★★ Guide

I have had stinky leaf piles for almost an entire sim year. It is Saturday of summer and leaves from the LAST FALL are still there. Please fix this!

Message 31 of 75 (4,221 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having this problem as well. I'm playing at the Oakenstead lot in Willow Creek. There are 5 or 6 leaf piles that have spawned off the lot, and they're all dirty and covered with snow, but when I burn them they don't go away. The on-lot ones did go away, but these have not. It's the beginning of spring and I was hoping they would disappear automatically, but they haven't.

Message 32 of 75 (4,187 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@ArcherAngelo

@Chebadoo

Hey guys.  Check out page three on here.  Apparently there's a glitch where several leaf piles are "overlapping" each other.  Sometimes, it takes 4 or 5 tries before the leaves will actually turn to ash. 

You could probably skip the burning all together with the temporary fix @Kampfkatzen discovered.  Hit CTRL + SHIFT + C  and in the window, type testingcheats on.  You can close the window by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + C  again.

Once you've done that, go into buy mode, and purchase an INDOOR trash can.  Place it anywhere you want.  Then while holding down the shift key, click on the trash can.  You will have an option that says "Set as head".  It's totally weird, but just click that.

You Sim's head will now be a trash can.  (Don't worry.  It comes off again.)  Go to the areas where you have leaf piles that haven't gone away.  Click on the leaf pile that you want to clean up, and the "Throw Away" option will now be available... since your head is now a trash can.  It may take SEVERAL attempts to pick up either the ash piles (if you've burned them) or the leaf piles... because, as mentioned above, there is speculation that these piles are layering on top of one another.  If it doesn't go away the first time, just click on it again to throw away.  (It takes on average about five clicks when I've done it) Eventually, they do all get picked up and thrown away in your stylish trash can head.

Now, what I discovered was that the trash can head was getting "full".  So, after you've cleaned up one area, you probably want to go ahead and remove the trash can from the sims head.  Run back to your home lot, then hold down shift and click on the trash can that is ON THE SIM'S HEAD.  From the menu, choose "Reset Object".  The trash can will be removed, but may remain in the yard.  You can repeat the whole process if there are several areas that need cleaned up. 

Here is a link to a video on my google drive of MY Sim cleaning up some ash piles after having burned the leaf piles.  (but as I said, you might not actually have to burn the piles -- just simply throw away the leaves, if that is possible.  If not, then just keep setting fire to them until they finally turn to ash.  (again, usually about 4 to 5 tries).  Then do the trash can head trick to pick up the ash piles.

When you're ALL done, hit CTRL + SHIFT + C again, and type testingcheats off.  Close the window by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + C  again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13gOIpH4JmOWdk_bpgX-oS1EHP6f9Agnr

This is not a permanent solution; the Sims team will have to work on that.  But for now, the above process DOES work... so you can still enjoy Seasons in your game!

Happy Simming! 

Message 33 of 75 (4,131 Views)

★★ Guide

Ah, yep, the leaf piles ARE actually burning, but it's hard to tell if you've had them go through a few cycles of accumulating leaf piles, since once one pile burns, it just reveals the other leaf pile that was layered under it.

Same thing for using the Set as Head trick to throw away Ashes.

If you burn away the layered leaf piles one by one, the ashes also spawn directly on top of each other, making it look like you're not throwing them away, until you throw away the one on the bottom of the layers.

Don't the neighborhoods go through occasional "resets" every now and then?

You know, to get rid of stuff like the food that people cook at parks and forget to throw away, stuff like that.

It could just be changed to also wipe away leaf piles and ash piles.

It could also be changed so that leaf piles outside of lots don't produce ash when burned.

Oh well, thanks to that trick of setting your Sim's head as a trash can, my neighborhood's fishing spots and communal garden aren't giving everyone the Filthy Surroundings +3 Uncomfortable moodlet.

Was kind of upsetting to see everyone so bummed out as they walked the neighborhood.

Just have to keep doing it every fall until this is addressed.

Message 34 of 75 (4,115 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Iyasenu

It seems like the LOTS go through resets with no problem.  But those areas that are wonderful, (I really love them) in game... like playgrounds, or little gardens that aren't actually ON a lot will only reset certain things.  In my experience, garbage piles HAVE disappeared... You can facilitate this by leaving your home lot for another area on your home map, or travel to another world... it's nice to get out, anyway. Especially when snow is 20 feet deep in willow creek... sometimes I run off to Sylvan Glade, or the forgotten Grotto.  

When you get back home, those "off lot" trash piles are USUALLY gone.  But there are a few little tweaks that need done with Seasons still yet.  And I'm sure it's being looked into.  I have a skeletal issue which has made me permanently paranoid... but that's another therapy session.

In any case, in those "off lot" areas, sometimes the seasons objects tend to hang around.  In my game, the summer lemonade stand disappears, but the vendor hangs around like a lost puppy.  I just reset her, run to a new lot, come home... and she's gone (or she's at least in the process of GOING.)

So for now, trash can head saves the day.  Don't forget, it was actually @kampfkatzen that originally wrote about utilizing the trash can head.  (His / Her comment lives on page three of this thread)  So don't forget to show him / her some love.  I don't know their gender... it can be a little ambiguous on here.

Okay.  That's all.  (there needs to be a "won't stop typing" badge.  I'd have three of them!)  Have a great day, and Happy Simming!    

Message 35 of 75 (4,067 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Even giving my sim a giant trash can head didn't enable him to throw away the leaf pile that's stinking up the area just outside the border of his home lot.

Message 36 of 75 (3,937 Views)

★ Apprentice
I honestly just want this fixed. I am having the same issue and unable to burn the pile. It's super annoying can't woohoo in the pile either.. so weird. It's just stuck there and I wish they would make it disappear just like the snow piles. I mean honestly absolutely ridiculous. I have no mods I don't use them of CC at all. And I am not making a trash can head sim no way nu-uh. Not happening. I don't even like using cheats so if they don't fix it I will probably remove the Seasons completely or stop playing the sims 4 entirely.
Message 37 of 75 (3,897 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@AmandaSmith1221 wrote:

@ArcherAngelo

@Chebadoo

Hey guys.  Check out page three on here.  Apparently there's a glitch where several leaf piles are "overlapping" each other.  Sometimes, it takes 4 or 5 tries before the leaves will actually turn to ash. 

You could probably skip the burning all together with the temporary fix @Kampfkatzen discovered.  Hit CTRL + SHIFT + C  and in the window, type testingcheats on.  You can close the window by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + C  again.

Once you've done that, go into buy mode, and purchase an INDOOR trash can.  Place it anywhere you want.  Then while holding down the shift key, click on the trash can.  You will have an option that says "Set as head".  It's totally weird, but just click that.

You Sim's head will now be a trash can.  (Don't worry.  It comes off again.)  Go to the areas where you have leaf piles that haven't gone away.  Click on the leaf pile that you want to clean up, and the "Throw Away" option will now be available... since your head is now a trash can.  It may take SEVERAL attempts to pick up either the ash piles (if you've burned them) or the leaf piles... because, as mentioned above, there is speculation that these piles are layering on top of one another.  If it doesn't go away the first time, just click on it again to throw away.  (It takes on average about five clicks when I've done it) Eventually, they do all get picked up and thrown away in your stylish trash can head.

Now, what I discovered was that the trash can head was getting "full".  So, after you've cleaned up one area, you probably want to go ahead and remove the trash can from the sims head.  Run back to your home lot, then hold down shift and click on the trash can that is ON THE SIM'S HEAD.  From the menu, choose "Reset Object".  The trash can will be removed, but may remain in the yard.  You can repeat the whole process if there are several areas that need cleaned up. 

Here is a link to a video on my google drive of MY Sim cleaning up some ash piles after having burned the leaf piles.  (but as I said, you might not actually have to burn the piles -- just simply throw away the leaves, if that is possible.  If not, then just keep setting fire to them until they finally turn to ash.  (again, usually about 4 to 5 tries).  Then do the trash can head trick to pick up the ash piles.

When you're ALL done, hit CTRL + SHIFT + C again, and type testingcheats off.  Close the window by hitting CTRL + SHIFT + C  again.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13gOIpH4JmOWdk_bpgX-oS1EHP6f9Agnr

This is not a permanent solution; the Sims team will have to work on that.  But for now, the above process DOES work... so you can still enjoy Seasons in your game!

Happy Simming! 

It doesnt work for me. Indoor trash as head, and After piles burned... no “trash” option...... :////

Message 38 of 75 (3,790 Views)

★ Guide

nothing works. I tried burning the piles multiple times (I counted 8 times the last time i tried) and the trashcan head doesn't work either

The piles are annoying me really bad.

PLEASE fix this.

Message 39 of 75 (3,653 Views)

★ Guide

I am seriously disappointed that there is still no official fix for this.

Message 40 of 75 (3,560 Views)