Re: Leaf piles don't disappear

by AmandaSmith1221

Original Post

Re: Sims won't clean up ash from public leaf burning, doens't despawn

Hero

I merged this with leave pile staying behind. Don't think we need two threads at this point.

I'll split if one should get fixed but not the other.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 75 (3,219 Views)

Re: Sims won't clean up ash from public leaf burning, doens't despawn

★ Guide

one of my piles finally burnt to ashes, ashescannot be removed even though two Sims tried it  (maybe after a few more attempts but I haven't been able to test it yet)

sims ashes.JPG

Message 22 of 75 (3,187 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. Leaf piles are rotten, and will not burn.  Nothing disappears when the season changes to winter -- so besides the leaf piles, there are still scattered leaves everywhere in the world.

Message 23 of 75 (3,150 Views)

Hero
I'm wondering. Does this happen to off-lot-leaf piles only or to all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 75 (3,132 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

To answer your question -- at least in MY game, the ashes cannot be removed from non-lots.  As in, the playgrounds that may be found in the world, but aren't actually on a lot.  It says there is no trashcan available to clean them up.  I haven't actually tried on a community lot -- but on home lots, I just throw the piles away after raking.  

In any case, the link below leads to a ZIP file on my Google Drive.  It includes video (Because leaf piles have to be set on fire around four time before actually turning to ash... and then of course, the ash cannot be removed on the non-lots because there is no trash can. 

It seems like an easy fix (maybe) to  allow the ash piles to be clicked on, then added to inventory, then the Sim can simply go home and dispose of them... I don't know how "simple" that would be, so please forgive my presumption -- nor do I know if it might cause other problems.  I was just thinking 'If only I could just take this home'.  Playful Sims can PLAY in the ashes, but then they turn to garbage piles.  These don't seem to disappear on their own.

The ZIP file also contains the latest "Last Exception" error I received, and my save game files.  Hopefully there can be a solution, as the ash piles give Sims a negative moodlet from dirty surroundings -- no better than the rotted leaf piles.  Also, I suspect it shouldn't take four tries to actually get the pile to burn.  It's almost like the fire isn't recognized.  One Sim stood directly in the middle of a burning leaf pile, and very calmly had a conversation with another Sim.

Thank you for your time, and the work the team puts in to ensure a great game experience.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13gOIpH4JmOWdk_bpgX-oS1EHP6f9Agnr

Message 25 of 75 (3,111 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I "solved" the problem with getting lots of ashpiles I couldn´t trow away with the set as head trick. Set a trachcan as your sims head and they can trow any trash away. 

I also get the feeling that ther is many layers of leaf/ashes. 

Message 26 of 75 (3,074 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I love you. Heart I have never set anything as my Sims head before, but I'm so willing to give it a try... I've googled it.  I hope I don't get stuck with a trash can head sim forever...  THANK YOU!!!

Message 27 of 75 (3,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict

@Kampfkatzen wrote:

I "solved" the problem with getting lots of ashpiles I couldn´t trow away with the set as head trick. Set a trachcan as your sims head and they can trow any trash away. 

I also get the feeling that ther is many layers of leaf/ashes. 

This actually does take care of the issue.  I didn't even know it was possible...  I'm leaving a link to a SHORT movie file on my google drive.  It just shows my Trash-Can-Head Sim throwing away an ash pile.  The reason I'm leaving it is because, while it DOES work -- it takes several attempts to actually pick the ashes up.  It happened on try four, I think.  The same with burning the leaf piles.  It takes on average three attempts before the actually turn to ash.

I am, however, momentarily relieved... hehe, re-leaved.  Sorry.  

Also, you can't (or at least I can't) use an "outdoor" trashcan as my Sim's head -- it has to be an indoor one that requires emptying.  And since it took so many tries to actually throw the ash pile into the head, I had to run home and empty the head before proceeding to the other ash piles I'd gotten.  This is in NO way a fix, but it DOES work.  I wish I could give @Kampfkatzen double XP for figuring it out.

There is something slightly off putting about emptying one's trash-can-head.  Wondering  But I have an excellent therapist, so we're good.  (Now if only there weren't Mimsy and Bernard duplicates, and Skeletons making families, we'll have reached Nirvana).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17XrkKhQlyIvVDG_PAmKluuojA7Y5HVDI

Message 28 of 75 (3,022 Views)

★★ Novice

Good to hear that it solved it. And I think that it works to throw the ashes away everythime, I just thinkt that there is more than one pile of both leafs and ashes.  So ther is still problem of course, but it can be fixed, even if it tok a sim day for me to fix every pile in the nighborhood. :S 

Message 29 of 75 (3,001 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Leaf piles/Ashes don't disappear

★★★★★ Apprentice

Just an update from my game. So since having Seasons installed I noticed that the leaf piles are over lapping each other. The stink particle effect was no longer transparent and had over 15 piles overlapping each other hence why it never looked like the piles where disappearing when setting fire to them etc. I still hope this bug gets fixed.

Leaves

Message 30 of 75 (2,968 Views)