Re: Sims won't clean up ash from public leaf burning, doens't despawn

by Tahemet

Original Post

Re: Leaf piles don't disappear

★★★★★ Novice

Kind of related.. My leaf piles do seem to disappear at the end of autumn, but I the woohoo option doesn't work. It appears in the menu, but just won't stay in the queue. 

Message 11 of 75 (2,920 Views)

Re: Leaf piles don't disappear

Hero

Hi @crazybobbles

are you using any mods in your game ? If so, please try without. If not, please create a new thread.

Thank you

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 75 (2,903 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Leaf piles don't disappear

Hero
Added for amount of reports

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 75 (2,879 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I play in Jenba's new world, starts with an M. This glitch happens to me too. I removed mod folder and started a new game and repaired game and leaf piles burned to ash. But after going back to my saved game/still no mods/leaves still would not disappear. It is winter. Bright green stench piles all over my neighborhood. This save must not be good with or without the mods. Hope this helps.
Message 14 of 75 (2,844 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes....I have same problem  ://// without Mods...and repair

Message 15 of 75 (2,828 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem, but I think the patch partially fixed it. I loaded up an old save from before I loaded seasons and chose fall. Once the leaf piles popped up, I was able to burn the piles just fine. 

Unfortunately, this means that I had to loose about 10 days in game, or live with stinking piles of leaves forever. 

Try making a new game or bringing in an old save and see if the leaf pile issue is fixed.

Message 16 of 75 (2,811 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problem. no matter how many times I burn the leaves,they stay stinking. I cant delete either, its ruining my neighbourhood
Message 17 of 75 (2,790 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [S] Leaf piles don't disappear

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

After the fix patch, I was able to burn mentioned pile in windenburg, kept the other one to see if it would disappear on its own. nope.

new save and now in Oasis Springs, I have tried to burn the same pile behind my sims' house(not on their lot) 3 times so far

(on a mac, vanilla and got everything except first pet)

Message 18 of 75 (2,739 Views)

Sims won't clean up ash from public leaf burning, doens't despawn

★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Burn leaves in public area
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sims are set up in Willow Creek next to the magic tree portal. Lots of leaf piles appeared during fall, and they got stinky so I burned them. They have been piles of ash since Fall, it is now midway through spring. The only option is the play in the ash, it says it cannot be cleaned up due to no trashcan. This is a public area that I am unable to edit to add a rubbish bin.
What do you expect to see? I want this garbage off the area so my sims aren't upset from the mess every time they are nearby.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I feel like the ash should despawn when the season ends, or be able to be added to inventory or SOMETHING because I can't make it go away.

Message 19 of 75 (2,737 Views)

Re: Sims won't clean up ash from public leaf burning, doens't despawn

★ Guide

I can start fites but my public leaf piles never burn to ashes,

I have smelly piles in all worlds and it bugs me

Message 20 of 75 (2,737 Views)