Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Leaf piles/Ashes don't disappear

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything minus JA and a few stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sims rake leaves outside of active lot buildable area. (Such as communal gardens or near the Sylvan glade tree) and either wait or try to burn the pile.
What happens when the bug occurs? The leaf piles never disappear for me. Either by time or burning, they just remain there stinking up the street. When set alight, they burn for a while and Sims appear to be able to play with the pile and possibly woohoo in them while on fire (haven't tested the latter, could be fun).
What do you expect to see? Piles eventually disappearing/rotting away like in real life or burning into ash (which I believe is intended.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

See above.

I could record a video of a sim burning the pile and playing with it for the duration it remains alight.

Message 1 of 75 (14,965 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [S] Leaf piles/Ashes don't disappear

Hero

• Leaf Piles should no longer become stuck in neighborhoods.

Fixed in Patch 1.49.65

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 69 of 75 (8,394 Views)

All Replies

Re: Leaf piles don't disappear

Hero
Hm, just tried that in my game. Leaves were outside my house build area and it diminished to ash just fine when I burnt it.

Does it also not go away when the season change ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 75 (14,818 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

The piles haven’t been disappearing on season change. It’s been affecting a couple of saves since seasons was installed for me. Are your sims able to play with the pile while it’s on fire? Mine have nonchalantly been sticking their hands in the pile and mixing the leaves about while it’s ablaze.

Message 3 of 75 (14,785 Views)

Hero
Haven't seen any such behavior with mine.

There's 4 me toos though ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 75 (14,760 Views)

★★ Guide

I've added a me too. In one file I wasn't able to get rid of those leaf piles at all, but that was before the newest patch was installed. I tested it out again now and I can at least burn them. Though it still doesn't always work the first time, some piles I had to set on fire three times for them to disappear. Might that be by design? 

I can still provide that save file, I don't know how useful it is though, since the piles are at least burnable now after a few tries. 

Message 5 of 75 (14,752 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Leaf piles don't disappear

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. They don't disappear when the seasons change and they only can be burnt down after few tries. For example this one on the video had to be light 2 times before it turned into ash, there is another one it was lit 3 times now but it is still a pile of leaves ont ash. Also how can hew play with it when it is still burning? At least he should have caught on fire too, but no Frown

Unable to play video. Please try again later.
(view in My Videos)

Message 6 of 75 (14,728 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [S] Leaf piles don't disappear

★★ Guide

*me too*

I started in autumn on the lot across the Fyres family in Windenburg. within days two piles spawn right outside my lot.

When they started to stink I tried to burn them.  close to the first pile, there was an ash pile, but the pile was still there and stinky.

I'm now in spring and they are still there Teeth bared

I haven't tried to  burn them after the "fix patch", will try tonight and report back 

Message 7 of 75 (14,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Same problem (Don't use mods or CC vanilla game with all packs etc). The communal areas are just filled with stinky piles of leaves and will never go away no matter the season. UPDATE - I've not tried to burn leaves but the piles still remain.

Message 8 of 75 (14,637 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Partially the same here. I have stinky piles of leaves in the communal areas from fall... and it's now summer. I can burn them and get rid of them, but I would have to do that to every. single. leaf. pile. They don't disappear on their own after the season changes.

Message 9 of 75 (14,621 Views)

★★★ Guide

I also have this issue. They never go away and it looks especially weird when it's spring/summer time. 

Message 10 of 75 (14,589 Views)