Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Holidays Only Appearing for Three Sims in Household

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.102.190.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Growing Together, High School Years, Cottage Living, Discover University, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Game Packs: Spa Day, Parenthood, Stuff Packs: Moschino Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Spooky Day Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into any household that has four or more Sims. Schedule a holiday for the following day, then fast forward to 6am when the holiday is meant to start.
What happens when the bug occurs? Only three Sims in the household will receive the holiday pop-up box in the top left hand corner, with the holiday traditions. Any other Sims in the household will not.
What do you expect to see? All Sims in the household should receive the pop-up box, and should therefore all be able to participate in the holiday.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The October 31st 2023 patch update

Holidays are a crucial part of my gameplay and I’m devastated that half of my household now can’t participate in them.

EDIT: I have modified the title and the post to rectify this only happening to the ‘oldest’ three Sims, as this issue seems to be affecting Sims of all ages. It’s clear though that the same Sims are affected each holiday.

EDIT 2 (5th Nov 23): Thank you to @JonaO703  for discovering a pattern in this bug - it seems to be that in households where only 3 Sims receive the holiday box, it is the first 3 in Create-A-Sim. The order of Sims in a household can be different in Create-A-Sim than it is in Live Mode, which could explain why it’s not always the oldest Sims who get the holidays. I urge everyone to check the order of their household in the Create-A-Sim menu and to let me know if this is the case for you!

EDIT 3 (15th Nov 23): Thank you to @Haylianna for  letting me know that the order of Sims in Create-A-Sim can change, so it may not necessarily be the same Sims affected by the bug each time! 

EDIT 4 (4th Feb 24): I’ve just seen the Sims Direct Communications tweet that this bug will apparently be fixed in the next bug patch. Safe to say, I am very disappointed that it’s taken over 3 months to fix something that has rendered the holidays aspect of Seasons completely useless. Thank you to everyone who’s given their support to this thread, and I can only hope they will actually fix this properly and not break something else by doing so.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title. Please add pack tags yourself. Thank you.

Message 1 of 319 (39,469 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Holidays Only Appearing for Three Sims in Household

Hero

Celebrate, everybody! No, really, everybody can celebrate holidays again. Sims who weren’t able to participate in Holiday Events should no longer have this issue.

Fixed in Patch 1.105.297/1.87

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 319 of 319 (2,995 Views)

All Replies

Re: [S] Holidays Only Appearing for Three Oldest Sims in Household

Hero
@pastelpeachhh I can duplicate this. Had Love day scheduled for my family with 5 Sims (2 adults, 3 children). The parents and the oldest child had it, the younger two didn't

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 319 (39,442 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@pastelpeachhh Have this too, absolutely devastated, meetoo + XP for you!
Message 3 of 319 (39,348 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Not 100% my experience,  it's random which Sims do not have the holiday tasks box pop up.

Have tested in multiple saves with many households, played and premade households all have the same issue.

Have turned off mods, created new save files, and followed the guide here to create a brand new The Sims 4 folder - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Troubleshooting-your-Game/m-p/3621199

Interestingly, this seems to effect the same Sims in a household regardless of the save, e.g. always Don Lothario, always Dennis Kim and Olivia Kim-Lewis.

Message 4 of 319 (39,277 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah that’s probably the same issue, I’ve spoken to someone who also had it affect random Sims. It affected the adults in their household but not their children or teens.

Message 5 of 319 (39,262 Views)

Champion

@pastelpeachhh   Hi!  This happened for me last night but I just ignored it, thinking it was maybe a one-off.  I actually had Halloween in the game on Halloween.  lol  Anyway, in my case, I got the holiday pop-up for the two YA parents and their toddler but not for their child sim.  Thanks for reporting it!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 319 (39,176 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having this problem since the latest update. For me, it’s only the women who can celebrate the holiday and the men can’t! 

Message 7 of 319 (39,127 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have close to the same experience, except the issue does not seem to correlate with sim ages.  Like some others are mentioning, the selection of affected sims seems random, although it is the same exact sims every holiday.  For example, in my 8 sim household, only 3 of those sims are included in the holidays.  The holiday UI box only appears for 2 of the 5 young adults, and 1 of the 3 teens.  It's the same sims every holiday, but cannot find any attribute those sims might have in common.
     While OP is using Mac, I am using PC.  I see that PC has a slightly different version number from Mac for some reason: 1.102.190.1030.  I only have the Seasons pack.  I had never seen this glitch until immediately after the patch on Oct 31st.

Edit: There may be a pattern that seems to fit my issue and all replies I have read so far that specified: Only the first 3 sims added to the household in that particular save file are allowed to celebrate holidays.  (Perhaps many people tend to add their sims to the game in order of their age, or the younger sims were born after initial game creation, making the age pattern true for some but not all.)

Message 8 of 319 (39,089 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Also I have no mods or cc

Message 9 of 319 (39,069 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue when I went to play tonight. Took all my mods out and tested it in a new household.  2 elder sims and a teen sim were able to celebrate but the two young adults were not. Only started happening after the Oct 31 patch. 

Message 10 of 319 (39,038 Views)