by cwalv

Original Post

[S] Holidays disappearing when traveling to community lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for a holiday to occur and travel to a community lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? It was love day. My sim gave some flowers to her children to complete two of the goals (flower giving and gift giving), but she didn't have a date. So I sent her to the harbor restaurant in Brindleton Bay to meet someone, but when she got there, not only the holiday UI was missing, but the holiday also completely vanished from the calendar. Also when I got back home and checked the calender again whilst selecting the children.
What do you expect to see? For my holidays to remain until 2 am next day, wherever my sim may be traveling to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I usually don't travel to community lots or residential lots during holidays, so I'm not sure if this would happen all of the time.

Edit: I just noticed that after this had happened, the children don't have to go to school anymore. At least the two days (wednesday & thursday) after the vanished holiday (which was on a tuesday) they don't get a notification of needing to attend class and I can't send them through the 'send to school' button either. That is not nice because I don't want to take care of them all day lol. I guess this occurs because the holiday never officially ended?

Message 41 of 68 (1,465 Views)

Re: [S] Holidays disappearing when traveling to community lot

Hero
At what point did you remove your mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 68 (1,451 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Holidays not Occurring

★ Guide

This is happening to me now too. I'm getting the holiday drama node error and the holiday box isn't showing up. I've played this save for over a year of seasons and everything was working fine until a surprise holiday was supposed to happen while my sim was in Salvadorada. The holiday box never showed, and I ended her vacation and sent her home thinking that would fix it, but then I got the last exception. And the holiday box still isn't there. I don't want to abandon this save because I've been having so much fun with it. I really hope my game isn't corrupted.

Message 43 of 68 (1,593 Views)

Hero

Hi @Evie0602

do you have a backup from before it happened ? Any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 68 (1,587 Views)

★ Guide

I have MCCC and some of LittleMsSam's mods in my game. I can try restoring my save to before it happened. Maybe being on vacation during a holiday is one of the things that causes the error. 

Message 45 of 68 (1,585 Views)

Hero
If you can, could you please test without mods to see if you can break it again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 68 (1,567 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/GAME CORRUPTION] [S] Holiday box not appearing

★ Guide

I removed my mods folder and rolled back my save to about a week before the problem. Then I created a custom holiday for the next day, and the box did appear. So now I have to do more testing to figure out what makes it break. 

Message 47 of 68 (1,554 Views)

Hero
Maybe it needs to be a surprise one ? Or in a vacation world ? There's so many factors.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 68 (1,544 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I had holidays in selvadorada and granite falls (the brawl in selvadorada and a custom holiday I added in granite falls) and didn't have the issue with mods installed. It happens at random times.. I had the LE now. I tried deleting the holiday before it happens, I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way.. I may have a clue but I need to investigate: do the people who have this error have employed or unemployed sims? Because it started happening just after I had my sim join a career. Until now he used to sell painting at the flea market for 56 sims days and never had the problem.

Message 49 of 68 (1,497 Views)

Hero

@Trykmi wrote:

I had holidays in selvadorada and granite falls (the brawl in selvadorada and a custom holiday I added in granite falls) and didn't have the issue with mods installed. It happens at random times.. I had the LE now. I tried deleting the holiday before it happens, I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way.. I may have a clue but I need to investigate: do the people who have this error have employed or unemployed sims? Because it started happening just after I had my sim join a career. Until now he used to sell painting at the flea market for 56 sims days and never had the problem.

So you're saying you got it to happen on a vanilla game that had no mods added ever ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 50 of 68 (1,485 Views)