[FIXED] [S] Father Winter's children disappear from save game

by FeralTaoc

Original Post

Re: sim gone

Hero
You can edit the first post and change your title but people might not know what you mean ... it's better to have it descriptive :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 118 (978 Views)

MY SIM IS GONE!

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, but the all caps is warranted! My sim is gone. Completely gone. I loaded her family and NOTHING. She's disappeared. I left the family and she's no longer shown in the family image, either. I haven't played this game in awhile but I keep the save file in a folder. When I loaded it to the neighborhood page, I could see her, she was fine. But when I loaded the game she vanished. Every other family member is there- mother, stepfather, stepbrother, two cats. But she is gone. I'm guessing the update did something but I don't know WHY considering I've never used mods of any sort.

The ONE thing that I can think of that makes her unique is that she has the Father Winter's Child trait.

I'm guessing there's no way to get her back at this point. I just want to know what the heck happened so it doesn't happen again!!

Message 12 of 118 (963 Views)

Re: sim gone

★★★★ Novice

aw, I hope this can be fixed in the next patch. I was 80 babies into the challenge Frown

Message 13 of 118 (960 Views)

Re: MY SIM IS GONE!

Hero

Hi @Serabee

seems it is an issue with Father Winter children. I merged your post with current bug thread on the issue.

Currently there's not much that can be done. Best is probably to not save or recover one of the backups and not play that save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 118 (951 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have her saved in my gallery, so that's my "backup". Is it not safe to start a new game with her, then?

Ugh... I'm so frustrated- I avoid CC and mods to avoid this kind of junk and apparently that's not enough!
Message 15 of 118 (945 Views)

Hero

Hi @Serabee

currently, no it's not I'm afraid.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 118 (936 Views)

★ Guide

Do you know if this only happens to children with the Father Winters baby trait or all children related to him in general, even if they dont have the trait?

Message 17 of 118 (929 Views)

Hero
Thought all children should have the trait. Do you have any without it ? If so, try on a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 118 (922 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm having the same issue with two different saves. I tried copying the family over to a new save and it all seemed fine in the town view but once I go to play the family my father winter baby has vanished but my sims still have the buff from having a new baby. I even tried going back a few saves from before the update and still the same problem. I miss my sim Frown

Message 19 of 118 (905 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [S] Father Winter's children disappear from save game

★★★ Novice

Out of curiosity, what's the usual turnaround before a serious bug like this gets patched?  I've been focusing a lot on a Father Winter's Baby lately to see how many traits I can pile on one sim, and I'll be unhappy if they wind up missing the challenge that came out.

Message 20 of 118 (895 Views)