by rangerlucy

Original Post

Re: Sim disappear after installing new expansion

★★★ Novice

Yes the toddler is but I don't think that the mother is as well xD

Message 71 of 118 (553 Views)

Hero
Do you still have a backup from before they got removed ?

Father Winter children is a known issue. The cat is interesting though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 118 (552 Views)

★★★ Novice

I haven't saved since they got removed and I have never had problems like this before so I am unsure of how to fix it with my saved files.

The last time I played was the 31/10 and the save files says 31/10 as well. 

Message 73 of 118 (546 Views)

Hero

The Father Winter Babies is a known issue and there's not much you can do about it for the moment.

I would suggest playing a new save while we wait for a fix. Just exit without saving and you can also save them to the library (if you haven't done so) by only going in household manager without loading the lot.

Would you be willing to share your save with me though as your seems more extreme than the others so I can check it out. 

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 118 (538 Views)

★★★ Novice

Wait I just remembered that I made the mother have the Father Winter trait with a cheat..... that is why she is gone as well........ Urghhh whyyy? So saaaad D:

Well hope they fix it soon.

Message 75 of 118 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

OK. Ill merge this with the bug report later.

Misread the cat thing

EDIT: And Merged

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 76 of 118 (527 Views)

Sim Disappeared

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion including get famous All game packs romantic Garden, Laundry day, Toddler, kids room, cool kitchen, movie hangout, spooky, vintage glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I've uploaded the family where the issue is occurring to the gallery. I'm unsure if it is going to occur in a different household. This incarnation is an old one uploaded to the library a while ago but the issue is still occurring with it
What happens when the bug occurs? when I open up my main save and go into the family (the only played family in the save) and the teenage daughter has completely disappeared she no longer appears in the control panel or even in the contacts of any of the family.
What do you expect to see? The sim appearing as normal
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. first Occurred after installing the November patch and Get Famous, I didn't open the game between installing these

I have tried recovering the save and even returning to an old save where she is a child and the issue still occurs. When I first load the save If I go into manage households I can still see her though she disappears as soon as I open the family, I tried saving the family to my library and  starting a new save however the issue still occurred, It also continues when I put an old version of the family that has been saved in my library into a new save. 

Message 77 of 118 (538 Views)

Re: Sim Disappeared

Hero
Hi @rangerlucy

is the Sim a child of Father winter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 118 (521 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, she is.

Message 79 of 118 (519 Views)

Hero

Merged your post with the Father Winter thread then, @rangerlucy

Unfortunately, there's currently no solution other than not to play the save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 118 (514 Views)