Re: The new update made my sim disappear

by cheekyimp

Original Post

My toddler fathered by Clement Frost Keeps disappearing

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Get Famous
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having Children with Clement Frost?
What happens when the bug occurs? My toddler disappears for no reason.
What do you expect to see? My toddler in the household, where he belongs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

1 of my 6 brother sims is married to Clement Frost. Every time he has a child with Clement the child disappears at the toddler stage if I go to manage worlds and reload the house. I tried taking out all my mods and the kid still just vanishes. This is the second child they had, the first one vanished too. The only proof they existed is their birth certificates. There are two other toddlers in the house that are unaffected.

The only thing I can think of is the toddler has the trait of being the child of Father Winter. No other toddlers are disappearing. 

Message 51 of 118 (1,127 Views)

Re: My toddler fathered by Clement Frost Keeps disappearing

★★ Novice

I also just tried to save the toddler to my gallery and add him after he disappears. When the house reloads he is gone again. 

Message 52 of 118 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I haven't played my family with a father winter baby since the update (I only went briefly on to check out the foundation tool in a different household) and I just loaded up to do as you suggested in manage households but my sim has already vanished. Luckily I did make a backup of my saves so I won't  lose much if I go back to that save when this is fixed.

ETA so I went back and put in my backup save instead and went straight to manage households before any thing else and my sim was still in her household so save to gallery worked this time, at least I can carry on my game without losing my sim and put her back when this is fixed!

Message 53 of 118 (1,228 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Note from one of our engineers, who is looking into this:

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNeel/status/1062877273106243585

If you have Sims (Father Winter's offspring) affected by this, it may be best to make backup copies of your saves.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 54 of 118 (2,307 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [S] Father Winter's children disappear from save game

★★★★★ Novice
I am having this issue in all my saves. I love making perfect maxed out sims. Part of that is being a child of father winter as it makes it easier so every save had at least one child of father winter in it. These are the main sims I planned the save around.

My prep for Get Famous is out the window. I just don't know what to do as I don't want to start over. I am not happy. You broke my game. Can I get an estimated time it will be fixed?
Message 55 of 118 (1,172 Views)

★★ Novice

i completely agree with scoed. i am extremely not happy. ea broke my game that i PAID FOR. and to top it all off, i tried contacting their help and support department with this problem just so they were aware of it. they wasted my entire evening last night having me do little random things that would "definitely" fix it. then i got connected to another guy who insisted that i uninstall and reinstall and it would fix the problem. that took forever and that also did not help. then the last guy i was connected to was rude when i asked for some sort of compensation since i can't play the game now since this happened, and again, i PAY to play this game. i guess he got insulted or something because he ended our chat. i am a frustrated addict and i need my sims fix!!!! lol. thanks for letting me vent...

Message 56 of 118 (1,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

To Whom it May Concern,

WHY ARE ALL SIMS RELATED TO FATHER WINTERS BABY GONE ! I am a twitch streamer and this is messing with my content. In the menu all characters are visible but once you go into the house, all sims related to Father Winter are gone. FIX THIS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 57 of 118 (1,143 Views)

Sim vanishes from existence upon entering Live Mode

★★★★ Novice

To experience the new career and aspiration involved in the patch, I went to load up an old save file of mine with a Sim I had been working on for a very long time. She, her daughter, and her two dogs appeared on the map screen as normal, but when loading into the lot, she would vanish, and going back to Manage Worlds would show she had been erased (she would also no longer show up in her daughter's relationships panel). I tried recovering an earlier save file, same problem happened. I tried removing the daughter before loading the lot, and somehow the lot loaded with just the two dogs on it. I even saved her individually, uploaded her to the Gallery (here, in case that helps troubleshoot this problem), started a new save file entirely, placed her into CAS from the Gallery, and then attempted to place her on an empty lot in Willow Creek. I somehow loaded onto an empty lot with precisely no Sims, and while returning to the map showed her household as still occupying that lot, the game visually glitched when attempting to view the household's image, as it was now completely empty. Attached are screenshots and images to the best of my ability to display this issue (visible in the glitchy UI). I really put a lot of work into this Sim, so any help to recover her to a usable state would be helpful. Frown

(For full disclosure, her original save file was previously modded with a couple of quality-of-life mods, however, I have not enabled my mods since the update.)

Message 58 of 118 (1,086 Views)

Re: Sim vanishes from existence upon entering Live Mode

Champion (Retired)

It sounds like this bug. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Father-Winter-s-children-disappear-from-save-game/td-...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 59 of 118 (1,077 Views)

Re: Single sim deleted after 11/13/18 patch

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem with my father winter sim, It doesnt make much sense I was playing not two days ago and she was doing just fine then this patch came along an now shes gone.

Message 60 of 118 (1,097 Views)