Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Father Winter's children disappear from save game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.49.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Seasons, City Living, Vampires, Get Together, Jungle Adventure, Cats and Dogs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Since the latest patch four of my sims that are children of Father Winter have seemingly been deleted from the game, their icons in the geneology are blank and they are nowhere to be found, either in-game or in my library.
What happens when the bug occurs? Since the latest patch four of my sims that are children of Father Winter have seemingly been deleted from the game, their icons in the geneology are blank and they are nowhere to be found, either in-game or in my library.
What do you expect to see? My sims still there?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happened after the auto-installation of the most recent november update.

Hi, the latest november update made four of my sims that were children of Father Winter seemingly disappear from the game. Their icons are either blank or non-present in the geneology and they are nowhere to be found, either in-game or in my library.

Message 1 of 118 (4,852 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Disappearing babies!!! Since new update

[ Edited ]
Hero

Father Winter’s Babies:
With a snap of his frozen fingers they were gone. Not some. Not half. But all of his children. Gone. While that is certainly one way to abdicate parental responsibilities, it’s admittedly not the best look for the Sim with a supposedly pristine reputation. Father Winter’s PR team and media handlers have assuredly taken note of the social backlash, and a subsequent press release has stated that he will no longer banish his children.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.51

Be aware that you won't get any already missing babies back.

You will need to load a save from before the patch or if you have them in your library, re-add them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 104 of 118 (3,657 Views)

All Replies

Re: sim gone

[ Edited ]
Hero

Current Status

• All Sims with the offspring Father Winter trait will be removed from the game
  • Keep your backups safe until this is solved
  • Will be added to compiled list on the next round.
  • There's a mod now that helps with the issue kindly provided by @heidi137 .. Google sims500nuances to find it. --> Please remove the mod, it's no longer needed
  • This issue was fixed in Patch 1.47.51

----

HI @FeralTaoc

do you have a backup from before the patch ? Did you save the game when this happened ?

Did you have the Father Winter children multiplying issue ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-S-Having-a-baby-with-Father-Winter-results-in-multiple/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 118 (4,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There was no issue with children multiplying and they were not left unplayed in my case. The similarity is that I could see the sims in the household before clicking play and efter entering once they were gone. I didn't save the game after that point and I'm currently downloading backup files. Should I let it update again and see what happens or turn it off? 

Message 3 of 118 (4,796 Views)

Hero

I meant a backup of the save game before they disappeared. The game usually makes automatic ones you can recover if you haven't' saved too many times.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 118 (4,790 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Right. So I could recover a save from about two days ago and the exact same thing happened. Sims visible clear as day before entering the household, then gone. 

Message 5 of 118 (4,784 Views)

Hero

And this is just happening with father winter's babies ? I should have a save where I have father winter babies. I'll try that once I've finished here.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 118 (4,776 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah exactly, as far as I've been able to tell at least. Grandkids seem to be fine though so it being connected to the trait somehow sounds plausible. Thanks for your help and quick replies by the way. :-)

Message 7 of 118 (4,768 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi, I'm having the same issue! 

My main sim was a Father Winter's child and the 2nd matriarch of my 100 babies challenge. When I load the game she seems to be in the household, however when I click play she completely disappears. I loaded a back up file and tried moving her to a household by herself and she still disappears.

Here's a link to my save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gl2f7-Z_jWSXxvT7MM_D5y2o8k9LmFml/view?usp=sharing

3.png

5.png

7.png

Message 8 of 118 (4,758 Views)

Hero
I can duplicate it on my save as well. Mine were just born, she still has the buff for them but no babies anywhere.

Unfortunately, I don't know what to tell you guys. You will probably need to play a different save game until this can be figured out (if it's considered a bug and not that father winter babies shouldn't have been allowed in the first place). If you're continuing with that save, there's probably no way of recovering.

I'll add it on the next round and try to get some more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 118 (4,738 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I now kinda wish I could go back and change the question name to "How the Patch stole Christmas"

Thanks for checking it out!

Message 10 of 118 (4,731 Views)