Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Drinking Tea or Coffee 3 times and burn to death

by manzana0807

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Freezing to Death in Summer

Champion

@ravenshadow723 wrote:

@crinrict I'm not sure if this is a separate issue, but since I see mention of it in the thread, I figured I'd add to it (lmk if I should start a new one).

My sims are getting the overheating/burning to death moodlet in the fall during cold temperatures; no outwear. I believe it's tied to hot drinks, since I can only reproduce it when they drink 2-3 hot drinks in a row.

There’s already a bug thread for that: Drink tea or coffee three times and burn to death.

Message 11 of 20 (1,549 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Freezing to Death in Summer

Hero

Hi @ravenshadow723

I moved your post over to that thread.

@simvasion Thank you for linking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 20 (1,536 Views)

Re: overheating from coffee

★ Guide

I just had this bug occur after drinking the sakura tea at the romance festival as well.

Message 13 of 20 (1,434 Views)

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4. One cup of tea in summer inside an A/C house and the Sim is overheating.

Message 14 of 20 (1,411 Views)

★★★★ Guide

What type of cloth are the sims weary do they look heavy and hot, because I think the everyday close if you don't have a thermostat should regulate sims body heat through cloth, but the coffee shouldn't have any effect inside a building, this is mostly outside.  Unless you have the thermostat set to warm, room temperature is always neutral, unless you have thermostat that changes, and you have forgotten to change back to cold or neutral.  Be careful there are foods that raise the temperature too.  I can't remember if the uncomfortable moodlet can cause death now with seas.  In a hieatwave drinking coffee outside with former wear on would defiantly make you to the point of burning to death.  drinking water should cool you down.

I know the freezing to death moodlet counts your uncomfortable moodlet points and it has to be over the overexertion elderly sims get before the sim dies.  I am pretty sure its the same way for heat exhaustion moodlet for summer, but it shouldn't affect sims if they are inside.  Outside its a different story.

Message 15 of 20 (1,405 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I just had this happen to one of my Sims for the first time drinking coffee in the morning, but it was just after one cup though. It was a hot Summer morning in game, however, there's a thermostat on the lot and it was set to cooler, so heat shouldn't be a factor in this case.

It's so strange, because this has never happened in my game before! I quit without saving, so she didn't die.

Message 16 of 20 (1,332 Views)

Re: Drinking Tea or Coffee 3 times and burn to death

Hero

Coffee and Tea is safe to drink again. Sims will no longer receive the “Lethal Heat” buff and die upon returning home after drinking three hot beverages. 

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 20 (4,860 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

YAY! And it only took like, well, how long ago was Seasons released? Like a year?

Better late than never tho :D

Message 18 of 20 (1,260 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Did something unfix it? Because it just happened again in my game.

Message 19 of 20 (954 Views)

Hero
@PriestWiz Please create a new thread if you're having issues again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (928 Views)