Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Drinking Tea or Coffee 3 times and burn to death

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, except Get Famous Expansion pack, and the My first pet stuff pack and the Laundry day stuff pack. Im waiting for the next bundle pack basically and for get famous to go on sale.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Drink 3 cups of tea or coffee, you dont even have to fully drink it. I triggered this bug simply pouring a cup and sticking it in the fridge to save for later.
What happens when the bug occurs? You start burning to death, as per the hot/cold moodlets not actually catching fire like a stove accident
What do you expect to see? I expect not to die after having a few cups of coffee/tea. Also it would help if the moodlets itself didnt 1= kill you so quickly and 2= ramp up in severity so quickly. There should be more than 2 apparent stages, overheating +1 uncomfortable and +99 Lethal Heat! You go from a little hot and sweaty to DYING! Until the many issues with freezing to death and burning to death are solved I suggest considering making them so you cant actually die from them. Also as an aside, drinking takes much longer than you would think it should due to the frequent and lengthy idle times in between taking sips. It would be much nicer if the drinking time was faster. I swear it takes half an hour to drink a cup of tea, ridiculous.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the Seasons Expansion, it seems the season expansion is what is causing this for myself and many others since the freezing to death and burning to death moodlets are kind of buggy as well as ramping up unreasonably fast to lethal levels and not taking long before you die from them. A huge oversight if you ask me.

This just happened to me too and didnt know what the heck was going on. I decided to buy a tea pot for the mood bonuses. After brewing a pot I noticed a pot of tea only lasted 10 hours so decided to put it in the fridge. It wouldnt let me, so I decided to put the individual cups of tea in the fridge instead.

A teapot can have three cups from it. First cup of tea went in the fridge, I didnt even drink it. Second cup of tea in the fridge, didnt drink it either. I drank the third and final cup of tea for the bonus, and then immediately noticed instead of being happy I was BURNING TO DEATH! Not knowing what was happening I read the moodlet description.

Uncomfortable+99

LETHAL HEAT! (from burning due to temperature)

This sim is overheating due to high temperatures! Better cool them off by switching them into cooler clothing or getting them indoors.

I was already inside... so I tried changing clothes. Then I decided to take a bath, didn't help. Showered, didnt help. This was odd since the bath had the red moodlet color to it so I assumed it was tied to it somehow. A couple things did help however, it was winter so I walked outside in my summer clothes and I cooled off. I also was able to cool off by drinking a normal glass of water from the sink.

From what I can gather this is connected to the hot/cold moodlets and how quickly someone can go from fine, to a +1 uncomfortable moodlet, to +99 about to die. Seems a really extreme ramping up in severity to me. Regardless this is a rather serious bug, I'm surprised its been in the game since at least July [from what Ive seen of people's posts online] and still nothing has been done about it. As I said I didnt even drink all the cups which makes it that much worse. Maybe its because I drank tea while wearing my winter clothes, since it was winter and I just came in from outside. But tea/coffee etc shouldnt be able to kill you in the first place anyway. :/

The biggest problem however is that the sims automatically take care of their other needs. If they're hungry eventually they will stop what theyre doing and eat. If theyre tired they eventually pass out. If they have to pee they use the bathroom. However with these new hot and cold moodlets they don't do anything other than stand there wiping their face or shivering until they die. To make things worse, the moodlet description doesnt tell you what the last thing that caused it was [like drinking coffee] and it also doesn't give much information about ways to fix it. Drinking a glass of water wasn't even mentioned nor highlighted in anyway, yet taking a bath had the red color to it and did nothing to help heat stroke.

My suggestion is certain actions, like drinking tea/coffee or jumping in sprinklers etc only neutralize your temperature. IE Coffee should warm you up to neutral if your cold, but drinking it shouldn't cause you to overheat. Until this is addressed, I propose removing the lethal component from the hot/cold moodlets until its working as intended and/or making them take much longer to kill someone. For your convenience Ive uploaded a save, originally intended for the annoying whining dog bug, but I can repost it here too. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kobqGMrKv6AQVOt5rcxNERwHIawhXFcX

If it matters, I'd appreciate it if the whining dog bug fixed as well as the ability to dance with smaller dogs like you can for bigger dogs, or the ability to let small dogs sleep with you in bed like cats can. Bums me out that small dog owners get shafted apparently since you cant do either Frown No love for small dogs I guess...

Message 1 of 20 (4,381 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Drinking Tea or Coffee 3 times and burn to death

Hero

Coffee and Tea is safe to drink again. Sims will no longer receive the “Lethal Heat” buff and die upon returning home after drinking three hot beverages. 

Fixed in Patch 1.52.100

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 17 of 20 (4,861 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Drinking Tea or Coffee 3 times and burn to death

Hero
I thought we already have this reported but I can't find the thread.

Maybe it was at the officials.

Might need merging

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 20 (4,281 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes I also looked on the forum to see if anyone else mentioned this and I couldnt find it. I looked in the patch notes to see if it was on the radar either and nothing. Basically I spent hours last night just looking at the forum and reading how to properly report a bug... I think it could be an easier or more streamlined process really. Especially seeing as we apparently cant just upload our saves straight to the forum.

Should I make a separate suggestion or something about the uploading save files to the forum?

Should I make a separate report about small dogs being unable to dance like bigger dogs or sleep with you in bed like cats can? That seems really unfair, really imo they should have the best of both worlds. Instead I get one that can do neither and constantly whines at me for walks... :/

Message 3 of 20 (4,264 Views)

Hero

Hi 

1. If you have suggestions how to make the bug forum and it's processes better, you can post those in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PLEASE-READ-Information-Questions-about-the-bug-forum/td-p/636... .. I always welcome feedback. You basically find all instructions how it currently works in that there too as well as here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-does-this-forum-work/td-p/3445107/jump-to/firs...
  2. If you have any suggestions to make AHQ better (such as ability to upload certain file types), please post those here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/bd-p/O-2 . Be aware that saves are only needed if asked for them by either QA or a hero. You don't need to upload any if no one asked for them in the thread.
  3. I'm totally unsure if those are bugs tbh. I would suggest using the game info for now and get some more opinions from others: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/bd-p/the-sims-4-game-information-en or at the feedback forum on the officials: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback .. to be sure though (haven't played any small dogs at all): Is the option there and it doesn't work or is there no option ? If it's the first, I'd say, it's a bug, if it's the second, post in feedback for now. 

Usually if you can't find a thread within a reasonable time, probably no one has reported it. Checking the compiled lists and checking the first two pages of the forum is usually enough. It's not always easy to find threads, cause everyone phrases them differently. Don't worry about making duplicate threads, especially after doing an extensive search. They can always be merged. The list is also not a complete list. If issues don't get much feedback after 6 month, I usually remove Needs input threads from the list to keep the list at a manageable size.

If you have any more administrative questions, please ask them in the thread linked above.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 20 (4,258 Views)

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 20 (4,187 Views)

overheating from coffee

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

I have purchased the new get a famous pack and noticed that Dazed Vlog was trending when it came to filming videos. 

I decided to get my sim dazed by drinking coffee and after trying twice, my sim died from overheating after a second cup of coffee. The temperature controler was set to cool in their house, she was wearing summer clothes and the season was autumn and overall temperature was quite cold.

Is this supposed to happen?

Message 6 of 20 (4,206 Views)

Re: overheating from coffee

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Xhepoo I don't think so.  I've never had that happen, and it doesn't sound like your conditions would make any sense for overheating anyway. Besides, the only effect I ever remember from coffee is getting energized and needing to pee over-much. I would guess it was a glitch. Is it too late to exit without saving and get them back? This seems like a random, non-legit death to me, but maybe there is something else involved that neither of us has faced that someone will share. Do you have any Mods or CC that may be glitching after the recent patch that broke many of them? Also, in Autumn you should not have the thermostat to cool. You could just turn it off in Spring and Fall.

You could do a game repair also, in case it has a glitch going on. Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 7 of 20 (4,173 Views)

Hero

Hi @Xhepoo

merged your post with existing bug thread on the issue. It's a known bug.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 20 (4,149 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah I ran into this as well while playing around with the Avant Gardes club, since one of their club activities is to drink coffee.

This also affects other drinks, such as the Tea and the Sakura Festival and the Humor and Hijinks Festival.

I definitely agree that these things should only drag the Sim's temperatures towards the neutral state, if the Sim is hot/cold compared to such drinks.

Does this also mean you can freeze to death if you're cold and start drinking water a lot?

Or does this bug just apply to hot drinks?

Message 9 of 20 (4,134 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Freezing to Death in Summer

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I'm not sure if this is a separate issue, but since I see mention of it in the thread, I figured I'd add to it (lmk if I should start a new one).

My sims are getting the overheating/burning to death moodlet in the fall during cold temperatures; no outwear. I believe it's tied to hot drinks, since I can only reproduce it when they drink 2-3 hot drinks in a row. No cc or mods.

I didn't have a whole lot of time to test, but I have a save from right before it happened that I was able to load up. Reproduced it 2x in a row from this save, so I'm hoping you'll be able to do the same.

My saves are uploaded here (one from right before the event that you can use to test, and another from right after so that you can see the result), along with (what I hope are) complete repro steps outlining exactly what I did: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1yAd-Lt1tOBo5eGiSo4UBC3csdBQO0qBH?usp=sharing

Message 10 of 20 (4,064 Views)