[FIXED] [S] Disabled storms in options but they will still occur

by Kimo0wW

Original Post

Re: Mysterious Weather Thunderstorm With Rain Only Setting

★★★★★ Novice

generally. I've never had mystery weather?

it's just happened again so I took screenshots

Message 11 of 53 (2,738 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Any mods/cc in your game ?

If you have the same issue on a new vanilla save, could you please create a new thread then. This one is for mysterious weather.

COuld you also try enabling the options, go into the game, play some, then go back to your options and turn them off again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 53 (2,723 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I've just had this happen myself in one save, though I usually have all weather affects on, so wouldn't usually notice it.  I did have rain and snow on, with no storms and that seemed to be working fine but after I turned all weather off, now I'm having thunderstorms in my game (it's spring, about to become summer, so I don't know if the same would happen with blizzards). The other thing I did was change the season length from 28 days to 7 days as I wanted it to be summer without cheats.  I have no mods/cc in my game and my game version is 151.77.1020.  I even exited my game and went back in to see if that would help and the storm ended, changed to rain and then that stopped.  I thought that had resolved it but later that same game day evening another storm started. You can see my settings (which were already like that) and if you look in the background you may be able to see from the middle icon there's a thunderstorm going on (this is from the first time it happened).

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 13 of 53 (2,686 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Keep in mind if you play in Strangervillie the story has its own weather you will have to complete the story for the normal climate to take affect.

Message 14 of 53 (2,656 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Just to add to my original report, my sims were in Newcrest, not in StrangerVille. 

Regards,

Jennifer 

Message 15 of 53 (2,650 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This just happened again for me, this time in Oasis Springs, all weather effects are supposed to be off.  I can confirm that the weather was forecast to be 'mystery weather'. This is after today's update (1.52.100.1020)

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 16 of 53 (2,590 Views)

★ Guide

I am experiencing this problem too.  I had successfully disabled thunderstorms in the game options until the latest patch.  Now it doesn't matter what option I select: "None" or simply "Rain." I still get thunderstorms.  There are too many. It's sort of ridiculous.

Message 17 of 53 (2,505 Views)

★ Guide
@nickinbigd And I've electrocuted a couple of Sims trying to turn off the thunderstorms with with weather machine. I wish the game option worked.
Message 18 of 53 (2,470 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Disabled storms in options but they will still occur

★ Guide

Like others on this thread, I have disabled Rain/Thunderstorms and Snow/Blizzards. However, my sims get thunderstorms on every Mysterious Weather and they get those a lot!!!

Please look at my screenshot of my sim's calendar.

Including the past four days (which don't appear on the calendar), my household are having Mysterious Weather every other day for 11 consecutive days. 

Isn't that a bit excessive?

For your reference, I'm playing without any cc or mods.

And, yes, before each gaming session, I delete the localthumbcache and splotlight.en_us package files then repair my game. 

Please tell me that this is a bug that will be fixed.

Considering that I have disabled rain/thunderstorms, I find it hard to believe that so many thunderstorms and so many Mysterious Weather days are "by design"?

Message 19 of 53 (2,416 Views)

Lightning Still Happening

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? It's updated to the January patch. I can't find the number.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Go To Work, Get Together, Seasons, City Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Parenthood, Perfect Patio, Cool Kitchen, Movie Hangout, Fitness, Laundry Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game in the spring season with Rain Only or No Rain settings.
What happens when the bug occurs? With the Rain Only setting, thunderstorms and lightning will still happen. With No Rain, rain, thunderstorms, and lightning still happen.
What do you expect to see? No lightning with thunderstorms disabled, no rain with rain disabled.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I was very hesitant to buy Seasons because I didn't want my Sims to die from overheating, hypothermia, or lightning strikes, but I was assured I could disable those options. Thus far, disabling the temperature was the only one that was true. I'm now on my second Spring, and both times, I've had thunderstorms that destroy things in my backyard, even though I've had the setting to be Rain only. This Spring, however, 2 of my Sims have now been struck by lightning, one of them being in the middle of the house. After the first Sim was struck, I immediately changed the setting to No Rain or Thunderstorms, and the storm went away quickly. The next day, the storm came back, and another Sim was struck by lightning. I'm very paranoid about losing my Sims to random stuff that happens in the game. I almost want to uninstall Seasons.

Message 20 of 53 (2,397 Views)