Re: Thunder even though it's turned off

by epaor

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Disabled storms in options but they will still occur

Champion (Retired)

@jessylrk 
I had a similar experience in my game but it is very rare.
Workaround:
Enable weather effects on Sims and save under Seasons options.
Before going back in game disable that option and save again.
For me it kept my Sim from a weather related death.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 41 of 53 (977 Views)

Thunder even though it's turned off

★ Apprentice

I have thunder switched off in the settings but it's still thundering in my game

Message 42 of 53 (1,058 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@justmeish1997 

Does the forecast say "mysterious weather"?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 43 of 53 (1,045 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes is does

Message 44 of 53 (1,041 Views)

Hero
@justmeish1997 Merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 45 of 53 (931 Views)

★ Guide

It happens to me too. It says mystery weather as well.

Message 46 of 53 (898 Views)

Re: Mysterious Weather Thunderstorm With Rain Only Setting

★★★ Novice

I am on PS4 and I'm experiencing these issues also. I have all weather disabled and weather effects as well. I have experienced this error on a brand new save and on a my current save. 8/1/20

Message 47 of 53 (862 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Disabled storms in options but they will still occur

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (50%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All apart from Halloween  & Knitting packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Disable snow and storms  it still appears in winter 
What happens when the bug occurs? There are still storms  and snow  despite me disabling them in my settings.   I have been experiencing the majority of the 'ECO Bugs'  especially the lagging problem since installing EC Lifestyle that the majority of players have been reporting 
What do you expect to see? Fix the bugs unfortunately it's destroying game play 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? MCCC removed and re-tested problem still exists.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Installation of Eco Lifestyle game and patches

Message 48 of 53 (819 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Disabled storms in options but they will still occure

★ Guide

I’m not sure if this is helpful but this is also occurring for me in my 1 save and both times it generated a t storm despite having them disabled, it was on a “mysterious weather” day

Message 49 of 53 (765 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Disabled storms in options but they will still occure

★ Guide

I have disabled lightning in one of my saves as I have eight sims living in a micro home, therefore they spend most of their time outdoors. On a mysterious weather day the mom to 4 children got hit by lightning and died, it was very frustrating. 

Message 50 of 53 (704 Views)