Re: Lightning Still Happening

by CoolAKn

Original Post

Hero
@CoolAKn There's a thing called mystery weather. They still happen there. Do you have them actually happening when it's different weather ?

Also did you test without mods/cc installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 53 (1,170 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict It's not mystery weather. The forecast for the day is Partly Cloudy. I can try to remove mods, but only one mod has the same functionality as the in-game weather machine.
Message 22 of 53 (1,168 Views)

Hero
@CoolAKn Every issue reported here needs to be tested on a vanilla game so please, do.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 53 (1,157 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I removed all mods and reloaded the game after repairing it, but the weather forecast changes when I change the settings. Initially, there was no mystery weather at all for the week. Changing the settings to Rain and Lightning changed the entire week's forecast with Saturday being mystery weather. Moving to Rain Only changed the forecast again, now with Friday as the mystery weather, and back to No Rain with now Thursday (tomorrow) showing mystery weather.
Message 24 of 53 (1,152 Views)

Hero
@CoolAKn Mystery weather can still occur and it's a bug that you get lighting during mystery weather.

There's an existing report for that so I just want to make sure you only get it during mystery weather and not in other settings too.

So, do you still get rain/lighting with no mystery weather now ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 53 (1,126 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I exited the game during a storm, but there was no lightning when I loaded the game back up. I kept going back and forth between the settings until the forecast had no mystery weather, but I selected No Rain, and it still rained for the rest of the day, even when the daily forecast was Partly Cloudy. I'll have to wait until next spring, because in both instances, the storms only happened in the first half of spring.
Message 26 of 53 (1,117 Views)

Hero
@CoolAKn let me know how it goes. Changing settings can also have an influence so yeah, play a while and see how it goes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 53 (1,119 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrictIt's fall now in the game, and hit a day with mystery weather, and sure enough, there was a thunderstorm. I used a mod to change the weather (effectively the same thing as the weather machine), so it looks like that's what I will have to do to prevent thunderstorms. I still feel like if I manually disable something the game allows me to disable, the game shouldn't have a backdoor that allows the disabled thing to still happen.
Anyway, thanks for the civil conversation.

Message 28 of 53 (1,072 Views)

Hero
@CoolAKn I merged your post with the mystery weather bug report then.

Make sure to click me too on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 53 (1,063 Views)

Re: Mysterious Weather Thunderstorm With Rain Only Setting

★ Guide

Am I understanding this right: Mystery Weather ignores climate settings? 'cuz if so this is me too - and I roll mystery weather pretty often (like atleast 3 times in 2 months with thunderstorms disabled. The Reason I disabled them to begin with is because they have a tendancy to fry outdoor structures like laundry poles and washtubs (and my Flower/Handiwork benches that i place outdoors) - which in one case resulted in over 800 Simeoleons in Damages from replacements of outdoor structures just (sim) hours into a new game...

Message 30 of 53 (963 Views)