[FIXED] [S] [DU] Holidays days off cause issues with classes/ No final exam

by thedemicle

Original Post

Re: Sims do not take finals when last class day is day before last day of term

Hero
@deagh93 So probably related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-S-DU-Academic-probation-due-to-holidays-forcing-da... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 70 (2,479 Views)

Re: Holiday affecting final exam

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello, I can confirm that the workaround (turning off ‘day off school/work’ on all calendar holidays) works and solves the problem, but it’s a shame that it turns off a great feature of Seasons. 

Message 12 of 70 (2,046 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Most likely, yes. No guarantee, but I don't really believe in coincidences, and the holidays are the common thread here. I will keep observing. I play rotational, and all my little pixel children are going through uni now, so I'll eventually have a pretty big sample pool.
Message 13 of 70 (2,462 Views)

Hero
@deagh93 OK. Keeping this stand-alone for now but should the holiday issue be fixed, it would be great to check if your issue is solved as well

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 70 (2,451 Views)

Re: Holiday affecting final exam

★★★★ Guide

From what I understand when class day happens on holiday you won't get docked for missing it, except for the final, but I never tried it or confirmed it.  I also never played in dorms yet.

Message 15 of 70 (1,940 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [DU] Sims don't take finals (last class day before last term d

★★★★★ Apprentice

I also had this issue in my game today, or at least a similar issue.

I have two students in the household, their term ends on a monday. One sim went to class on that day, but he didn't take the final exams, it was just a normal class. The box "take final exam" did not check after class. When the class started, he was not on campus, he 'disappeared' from a community lot.

I brought the second sim to the campus before the class started and she could take her final exams. I wonder if it is related to where the sims are when class starts?

I don't  think it is related to a holiday, because then the problem would have occured with all sims in the household, not just one.

Message 16 of 70 (2,137 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It's happened again. Same situation, different household, different sim. Winterfest happened over the course of the term.
Message 17 of 70 (2,078 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@deagh93 I'm almost positive it has to do with the holidays now. I play in rotation, so every household I go to has harvestfest and winterfest in that first week after I load the house. This time I deliberately waited to start the one I was planning to educate so that his term didn't start on Harvestfest, and he took his final exam just fine.
Message 18 of 70 (1,513 Views)

Hero
@deagh93 I'm merging your post into the other thread on this then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 70 (1,468 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI did a test on if DU required classes on Holidays with days off the answer is no. Even though you can go to class on Holiday not going to class won't hurt your classes performance. I haven't tried it all the way through Office hours are closed during Holidays.

Edit: I really didn't have a problem it seams some classes may not be counting term paper properly. I still got a B+ even though I missed one Tuesday of classes because of Holiday on Tuesday.

It seems that major classes are required to go to class on Holidays but Electives are not.  There is no warning to go to class during holidays.  I turned in all assignments and term papers and went to all finals.  Classes on Monday Wednesday and Friday will most likely have Finals, classes on Tuesday and Thursday will likely have projects or term peoples because the class don't meet on the finals, this also depends on when semester starts.

Message 20 of 70 (1,410 Views)