Re: Uni student will get low grade if not attend class during holiday?

by fetusfood101

Original Post

Hero
@derrick1124 Merging this with the thread in issues with Holidays and classes.

Seems there's multiple problems with that.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 61 of 70 (1,091 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. But has nothing to do with any holidays. It must be with living off campus because there was no holidays at all during my first week of classes. Attended every class, finished every piece of homework but still failed because there was no prompt to take exams and it wasn't done automatically while living off campus. Never have this issue when I live on campus though.

Update: I just tried to replay my first term of university living on campus and I still couldn't take the exams.

(CM: edited to merge thread)

Message 62 of 70 (1,035 Views)

Re: Holiday affecting final exam

★ Apprentice

I've had this happen. The first time it was mid term. The student was living in the dorms. She got a B for the term. I think it's because she missed that day of class. 

Another time I had the finals fall on a holiday. The "go to class" option was available, but they'd go late and get horrible grades. I tried switching to a different household for a day, but the game progressed and they all missed their finals when I went back to them.

Message 63 of 70 (972 Views)

Re: Holiday affecting final exam

★★★★ Guide

I think I found a work a round.

Start class on a Thursday so last day falls on the next Wednesday, now only take 3 classes 2 degree classes and 1 elective, game will put all 3 classes on Tuesday and Thursday and no Finals.  I thought at first it was holiday, but it happened without holidays.  This should be really beneficial in a group as most sims will get the same class times and if same grade level and degree can go to the class together, the electives will be different though, but it removes the final requirement  for Monday Wednesday and Friday classes. 

Message 64 of 70 (938 Views)

Sim doesnt't take second final exam

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? A sim has to take two final exams on one day
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has two final exams on one day, the first one went fine and then the second is registered as a regular class. I saved after the first one and keep on trying, exiting to the main menu, exiting the game but nothing changes.
What do you expect to see? That my sim also taking the second final exam
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim has two final exams on one day, the first one went fine and then the second is registered as a regular class. I saved after the first one and keep on trying, exiting to the main menu, exiting the game but nothing changes.

Message 65 of 70 (890 Views)

Re: Sim doesnt't take second final exam

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Sleepy73 I'm currently merging all issues with final exams into this thread. It's a bit of a collection thing at this point

Should this get fixed on the next patch and you're still having issues, let me know and I'm splitting again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 66 of 70 (874 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks. Does that mean that nothing can be done right now and I can't keep on playing? Unless I want my sim to fail the class...
Message 67 of 70 (851 Views)

Hero
@Sleepy73 TBH, even if they do fix this, the fix might not fix already existing missing final exams. So yeah, I think it's best to just play on and let them get a bad grade.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 68 of 70 (843 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thanks again... guess I won't have a choice then...
Message 69 of 70 (829 Views)

Hero

Simmers with Seasons additionally installed: Student Sims will no longer receive Academic Probation if they were on planned Holidays through the Calendar.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

This thread is a bit of a collection and it's possible that there's still issues. Please create a new thread if you do have issues still with final exams.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 70 of 70 (7,903 Views)