Re: Sims do not take finals when last class day is day before last day of term

by rottenmeier

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] [DU] Holidays days off cause issues with classes/ No final exam

★★★★ Novice

So I found out that if you dont allow your sim to have work/school off for the holiday then everything works out for your sim going to class and completing the final exam. Hopefully they will fix this

Message 51 of 70 (1,511 Views)

Impossible to do University with more than 1 sim Holiday and Day Off.

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for Machino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to get 3 sims to do University, since on holidays, we still have to go to class, on holidays the reminder never shows up and non of the sims will go to class on their own, makes it hard to focus on one sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Holidays should freeze the day count for University if day off work or school is checked.
What do you expect to see? The Classes canceled on Holidays and Final delayed to next day if it falls on Holiday.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Holidays from seasons interfere with students enrolled in college to go to class automatically because reminder never shows up on holidays.  University should have holidays off, which should just delay the countdown on Holidays.  Holidays should be treated as weekends if checked.

Message 52 of 70 (1,504 Views)

Sim not taking final exam and failing

★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Get Together. Laundry Day stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim take university course with a final exam.
What happens when the bug occurs? On the day of the final exam, the sim goes to class as usual and there is no pop-up indicating it is the final exam. They come back and the final exam is still unchecked. The sim gets a poor grade in the class due to this/ fails and has to resit the entire class.
What do you expect to see? The sim to attend the last class of the term and take the final exam instead of going to regular class.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have a sim attending University, living at home. He was on his last term of university and had attended every single class and done all of the homework. The term ended on a Tuesday and 2 of his classes had their last class on the monday. He attends both of the classes on Monday and I didn't get the 'an hour until the final exam' pop-up and the 'take final exam' box remained unchecked. He then got a C- in one class and an F in the other due to this and now has to take another term to complete 1 more class. I have seen others mention this bug, including those who don't use cc or mods but can't find any solution online. In the meantime, is there a cheat for getting a better grade when this happens?

Message 53 of 70 (1,412 Views)

Re: sim won't take final exam

★★ Apprentice
Just wanted to say that same for me, but i had the Christmas the day before.
Message 54 of 70 (1,375 Views)

Re: Sim not taking final exam and failing

★★★★★ Pro
@mandychi123 I think the only solution (workaround) we've found so far is to edit the holidays so they don't give days off.
Message 55 of 70 (1,356 Views)

★ Novice
@thedemicle Have the same problem.. need a patch for this
Message 56 of 70 (1,274 Views)

★★ Novice

I just had the same issue, this is really a bummer :/ The worst part is you only find out about this issue when you have it, I just had three of my sims get Ds and Fs because of this after working hard for the whole term, then we had Winterfest near the end of the term and then they failed. Two of them got into probation. Have to say I'm really demotivated to keep playing now :/

Message 57 of 70 (1,232 Views)

Re: Sims do not take finals when last class day is day before last day of term

★ Guide

similar problem here.

i don't know if it's because of holydays or I moved to another lot (never a good idea in the sims 4 in general these days), or because i had some party-event planned in the night before last night of exam.

but it's another safe and another game play compromised by a bug.  i don't think i have a gameplay left i could go on at this point because everyone is broken by now.
is there any pack actually working at the moment? i'm so frustraed and angry.

Message 58 of 70 (1,171 Views)

★★ Novice

Having this problem as well. Very annoying. Anytime there is a holiday during the week my sims won’t get completion of final exams. This makes university unplayable if you own seasons and I don’t even know who to uninstall seasons while my sims are in college.

Message 59 of 70 (1,113 Views)

Uni student will get low grade if not attend class during holiday?

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover Uni and Season
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just wait till holiday with the sim enrolled to uni
What happens when the bug occurs? I am not sure if it is a bug, although sim can go to class by manual, sims seems still get low grade when not go to class during holiday and no notification notice player that sim have lecturer before an 1 sim hour. in realty, I never heard a lecturer from uni will take attendance during public holiday and fail any student whom did not attend class during holiday. Please disable grading if the lecture is on holiday or provide notification and sim go to class just like non-holiday when sims have class scheduled during holiday.
What do you expect to see? Grade will not decrease or Sim will go to lecture if auto will is on and notification appeared that the sim have class before 1 sim hour.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No screenshot

Message 60 of 70 (1,108 Views)