Re: [OPEN] [S] [DU] Academic probation due to holidays forcing days off

by Paradies100

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Last day of class was not a holiday, but when my sim went to class (should have been a final exam) it played as a normal class, now it shows she did not take the exam even though she never missed a class and attended when it should have been an exam.
3.png

Edited to Add: the second class here played as the exam as it should

Message 21 of 70 (1,817 Views)

Hero
@Andrea058523 Did you patch today ? I don't think this is fixed but it would be good to know if it's still happening.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 70 (1,815 Views)

★ Guide

got this problem just after the patch

Message 23 of 70 (1,804 Views)

Hero
@Andrea058523 OK. thanks for confirming.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 70 (1,800 Views)

Re: Holiday affecting final exam

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@thedemicleI'm having a similar issue. I have turned off the holiday for the day of the final. One of my sims still does not go to her exam, but the others do. My sims live off campus and they go to class on time. I have tried restarting the game but it hasn't worked. The other sims go to their finals but this sim has more classes than the others. I don't know if that is the issue. The grades from the sim were okay in those classes, I don't think the final exam was incorporated into the sim's final grade. 

Message 25 of 70 (1,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello

I seem to have the same problem. Happened twice already. Today my Sim had his Final Exam he lives off campus, so he went to class. But the Final Exam ws not ticked off afterwards. He failed this class because of that.

His wife went to the Exames at the same day just fine and passed with great marks.

My game is updated. There were no Mods or CC. And on holidays my sims have to go to work. But there were no Holidays the whole term anyway.

Message 26 of 70 (1,685 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@thedemicle I'm grateful not to have this glitch at the moment, but I did find myself wishing for my uni sim to get the day off for holidays (too real that they don't for me - lol). I shall be careful wishing for this though as I don't want to encounter this glitch (I've enough of others. ;P hah)
Message 27 of 70 (1,647 Views)

★ Novice

Similar thing happened to me. I think it is because of holidays as well. My sim's last day of term did not have any classes most likely due to the holiday off-setting the last day of class to not = last day of term. Therefore the last class my sim took was the day before last day of term, and she never got the chance to write a final exam. The last class was to take place 2 days after the last day of term... This makes university unplayable as I have a save file for my one family that starts quite a while after I started the first university term... EA please address this! 

Message 28 of 70 (1,601 Views)

Sims 4 DU Can't take final exam

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attend the last day of class in Discover University, no options for anything about an exam.
What happens when the bug occurs? When you leave class, it still says exam needs to be taken. When grades pop up, all are failing grades except grades that required projects instead of exams.
What do you expect to see? Something that says the final was completed (it goes gold/yellow and is checked off the list)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Even while attending the last class of the term, it doesn't give any options about the final when clicking on my icon and after leaving class doesn't show that the final exam was taken always resulting in an F for the term and now my sim has been suspended. I play with no mods.

Message 29 of 70 (1,630 Views)

Re: Sims 4 DU Can't take final exam

Hero
@CherryNoel Looks like you weren't prompted for the template. Could you please edit your post and see if it then shows and fill it out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 70 (1,620 Views)