Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] [DU] Holidays days off cause issues with classes/ No final exam

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a Sim to uni when seasonal events are occurring on exam day / classes are occurring - forcing Sims to miss class / exams / presentations and take the day off.
What happens when the bug occurs? My Sim has just got academic probation after completing all term papers, daily homework for all classes, not missed a single class (other than the ones that the seasonal holidays made her take the day off on). She missed her final exams and last classes due to holidays forcing her to have the day off.
What do you expect to see? A grade higher than F, no probation and some sort of workaround in place as this is an expansion pack conflict.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Someone else had a similar problem here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/968869/not-sure-this-is-intended-sim-failed-due-to-thank...

I am going to try turning off 'day off school/work' on all holidays in the calendar and see if that affects my Sim this term.

Message 1 of 70 (18,402 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sim doesnt't take second final exam

Hero

Simmers with Seasons additionally installed: Student Sims will no longer receive Academic Probation if they were on planned Holidays through the Calendar.

Fixed in Patch 1.63.133

This thread is a bit of a collection and it's possible that there's still issues. Please create a new thread if you do have issues still with final exams.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 70 of 70 (7,902 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] [DU] Academic probation due to holidays forcing days off

★★★★ Guide
@crinrictthedemicle I played Discover University with seasons. You can still go to class and turn in your presentation with seasons you just have to click the go to class button right below the class when it starts. There could be a two to three day break game tries to to make sure all students are on the same semester when term starts. Your get a message the day the terms start. All but skill classes are disabled until term starts.
Message 2 of 70 (18,208 Views)

[OPEN] [DU] Sims don't take finals (last class day before last term day)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them. (No, really, every single one)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim who has a class with a final exam such that their last day of class before term ends is on the day before the last day of the term, not the last day of the term.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim has MWF class when last day of the term is on Tuesday or Thursday, or Tuesday Thursday class when last day is on a MWF. Sim does not take final exam in their last class before the end of term, even though they go to class.
What do you expect to see? Sim taking the final on their last day of class before the term ends, even though that's the day before the actual last day of the term.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installing Discover University

I had two Sims in the household taking classes.  These two sims each had one of their classes that was a final exam class with a MWF schedule, but the last day of the class term was a Tuesday.  Both of them went to their Monday class as normal, came back from the Monday class without having taken the final.  The Monday was a regular day, not a holiday of any kind.  So they both got bad grades in those two classes for not taking the final, even though they did go to all their classes and did all their homework.  In the previous term these same two sims had finals on the last day of the term, and took finals normally, including the moodlets associated with them.

Update:  The next term I had one Sim who was in the same situation, and he took his final this time, so I've downgraded the occurence to "often" and I'm adding this comment.  There were no "stay home from work/school" holidays this time (there was Love Day, but they all go to school for that, and it prompted them to go to uni classes) so I am starting to think the holidays have something to do with this, too.

Message 3 of 70 (18,653 Views)

Re: Sims do not take finals when last class day is day before last day of term

Hero
@deagh93 Did you have any holidays during the term or does that not matter ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 70 (18,599 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictThe one holiday during the term was on a Saturday, so it shouldn't have mattered, but I'm glad you asked!

Edited to add:  Wait, no, I lie  Winterfest was right at the start of the term. I thought Winterfest was before the term started, but right after I posted this I went and looked back at the calendar to make sure I was right about what days things fell on.  Winterfest  was the  first full day of that term.  But I made them go to class anyway, by manually clicking the go to class button.  Neither of them ever missed a class.

Message 5 of 70 (18,583 Views)

Hero
@deagh93 Thanks. Don't know if it has anything to do with it or if it's simply an issue of which days you get as you remarked but it's always good info to have.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 70 (18,567 Views)

Holiday affecting final exam

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Attempt a term during a week which includes a holiday that disables work/school(IE Winterfest)
What happens when the bug occurs? Holiday that disable work/school appear to disrupt the class schedule. 3 sims attended class on the Friday following Winterfest but none received the 'cram/stressed' moodlet, none received credit for taking the final, and all received homework in those classes. They subsequently received 'fail' grades in those Friday classes only.
What do you expect to see? Holidays should not disable classes or weeks with holidays could feature a Saturday class to make up for the 'lost' time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have successfully graduated 2 sims prior with no issue, but none attended class with weeks with a holiday. These three affected sims are in the same household living in a Foxbury dorm. My seasons are set at 14 day length and this is their second term. This is the first holiday I have experienced in the dorm that disables work/school schedules. Other holidays(Love Day for example) have not caused this issue.

Message 7 of 70 (18,098 Views)

Re: Holiday affecting final exam

★★★★ Pro
@widdleguy88 I very easy workaround while your Sim is studying is to go the calendar, select the interfering holidays and uncheck the box "work-free day" (or what it is in English). This solved all problems in my game.
Message 8 of 70 (18,092 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict And I have an update, which I have detailed in the original post. Didn't happen in a term with no "day off school/work" type holidays, so I am thinking the holidays do have something to do with it. Same household, btw. I have 6 sims in that house attending uni right now, so lots of examples to choose from.
Message 9 of 70 (18,479 Views)

Re: Holiday affecting final exam

Hero
@widdleguy88 I merged your thread with another on the issue.

Think it's the same.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 70 (18,048 Views)