[FIXED] [S] Complete Aspiration Milestone resolution doesn't fulfill

by KeiranGold

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Complete Aspiration Milestone resolution doesn't fulfill

★★ Novice

Same as everyone above. No Mods, game is repaired. I didn't notice the problem until after Island Living. I hope it is fixed! 

Message 11 of 26 (2,463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Me too, I noticed this for the first time. Never before ... 

Last milestone of social endeavor for children does not end New Year's resolution

1. On New Year's Eve in a bar, no new adult friendships are counted in the final milestone of child social care.

2. The next day - somewhere in a park - finally new friendships to adults are counted in the last milestone of the social endeavor for children. However, the completion of the final milestone is not counted for the New Year's resolution to complete a milestone.

So many mistakes in Sim 4. Every ten minutes of gaming I see a new mistake. Something was forgotten in programming here and something there ... .

I have never Mods or CC, clean all days the caches in the user folder or make a new one, repair the game often, but - the mistakes are still there. 

In the meantime, I am afraid of any revision of things that have ever worked. It's getting more and more worse. 

PS: I choosed a new Aspiration, but still the same mistake. You can't finish this silvester goal no longer. I think, I remember that ist was possible - in earlier time. Again something, what does not functionate any longer in Sims 4. It becomes more and more less functionable.

Message 12 of 26 (2,438 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m having this exact problem with a human sim doing the Strangerville Mystery. I might see if this   Is aspiration-specific; maybe only base game   aspirations work?. 

Message 13 of 26 (2,403 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Can't be the base game aspirations that work, because I just found this thread having the same bug with Collector aspiration. I had two sims resolve to lose weight, and it appears to have worked for one and not the other. I've never installed mods or cc. Quite disappointing to achieve a resolution and then not have it counted, in fact get a bad moodlet for it!

Message 14 of 26 (2,354 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Update: I found a workaround to fix the issue. Another year passed, and I had the same problem again, but noticed it's only affecting the resolutions that have to do with aspiration milestones. If you change aspirations and THEN hit a milestone, you will get your resolution finished. I know that may be annoying, but it did work fo rme.

Message 15 of 26 (2,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

NONE of the resolutions are working for me now. ><

It might be related to the 'whims not fulfilling' bug, thinking about it.

Message 16 of 26 (2,268 Views)

Hero
@sjofn77 Could you create a new thread for all of them not working ?

I'd like to keep the ones broken before this patch and the new issue separate.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 26 (2,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@crinrictI just did a me too on this bug because I got it twice in the same family, and I can confirm its not just the asperation resolution.

Travis Scott and Audrey Scott both are working on the Successful Linage Asperation. They just needed have a child Earn an A in High School goal to complete the milestone and made that a resolution for the year. Clair their daughter, in high school had a B grade and made it to A on Wednesday, she also had a Resolution of Become a Better student, this resolution should have cleared along with the complete a asperation milestone, but it did not clear on any of the sims that are affected.

So when Clair went from Grade B to Grade A, this triggered the Asperation to complete the last goal of the third level in family linage have a child get an "A" in High School, this should have triggered the Resolutions to complete the asperation milestone for both Scott and Audrey, the A in high school should have also triggered the completion of the resolution of becoming a better student as she went from grade "B" to "A".

Edit: I can confirm the resolutions are still broken after 9/17/2019 because the patch notes said nothing about fixing it, another thing I just ran into the bug after the 9/17/2019 during my round of playing it.

Edit2: I have found a work around for the asperation milestone resolution not completing with Successful Linage asperation in step 3 when all goals are completed except for the have a child sim get an A in high school, change the asperation to a different asperation so the asperation don't try to complete when the sim is coming home from school, the popup Claire would like to invite from school over ok or cancel this breaks the asperation from sending a asperation complete message, which prevents the resolution from completing, by changing the asperation to a different one until after the school events are done and that child has completed the goal, when you click on adult sim go back to same asperation again the asperation will say milestone complete, and the resolution completion will be triggered.

Note: I just found a work around for only one asperation with the problem.

Message 18 of 26 (2,215 Views)

Academic aspiration doesn't fulfill holiday resolution

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim with the Academic aspiration make a resolution to complete an aspiration milestone, then finish a milestone for the aspiration.
What happens when the bug occurs? Completing a milestone from the Academic aspiration doesn't fulfill the resolution. Nothing happens.
What do you expect to see? I expect that the resolution would be fulfilled when I finished a milestone for that aspiration.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed Discover University. The Academic aspiration comes with that pack.

Just filing a bug report regarding the resolutions from Seasons and the Academic aspiration from Discover University. Completing a milestone in that aspiration doesn't fulfill the "Complete Aspiration Milestone" holiday resolution tradition.

Message 19 of 26 (2,048 Views)

Re: Academic aspiration doesn't fulfill holiday resolution

Hero
@SnarkyWitch There's a general issue with aspiration milestone: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-S-Complete-Aspiration-Milestone-resolution-doesn... .. do you not have any issues with the others ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 26 (2,035 Views)