Dot.: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] Complete Aspiration Milestone resolution doesn't fulfi

by MapleSimmer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Complete Aspiration Milestone resolution doesn't fulfill

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except for Grim's Ghoulish Guitar.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select the "Complete an Aspiration Milestone" resolution for New Years Eve, then do so. Resolution will not be registered as completed. Have tried with the Soul Mate (completed), Big Happy Family (up to 3rd level), Master Chef and Bodybuilder (up to 2nd level) aspirations--none have worked.
What happens when the bug occurs? The resolution will not be listed as "complete", despite milestone being finished.
What do you expect to see? The "Resolution Completed!" buff on my Sim, the resolution cleared from their traits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have tried repairing my game as well, in case that helped to change anything.  

Something that might be related to this is that lifetime points are not appearing for the Sim this is happening to until they've changed lots.  Said sim is human, not a mermaid or vampire, if that makes anything clearer.

Message 1 of 26 (6,556 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Academic aspiration doesn't fulfill holiday resolution

Hero
Going to mark this as fixed. Let me know if you're still having issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 26 (3,648 Views)

All Replies

Dot.: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [S] Complete Aspiration Milestone resolution doesn't fulfi

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@KeiranGold 

Maybe the factory reset of the game folder will help you.
I don't think it is a mod related issue, more likely it is damage of some files like Options or Events in the game folder. But o course it can be kind of new bug. Not all players are affected if a bug occurs. Why some are lucky and others are not - this riddle isn't solved until today.

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 5. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 6, Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Check if there are newly updated version mods you are using.
Then copy and paste your mods and CC from old mods folder to the new one. First copy the scripts mods every time checking if the game is working properly. If you have a lot of CC try 50/50 method ( divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)
Step. 10. If all is OK - delete The Sims4 old folder. Now you will have only one game folder - I hope - working properly.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 26 (6,481 Views)

★★★ Novice

I already did this--it was the first thing I tried, before removing mods.  Nothing changed.

Message 3 of 26 (6,444 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro

I also had this happen recently and have never noticed completing an aspiration milestone not counting before for New Year's resolutions.  I've not tried a factory reset recently but have no mods/cc in my game, always delete my localthumbcache and repair my game very frequently.  My sim completed at least two aspiration tiers and neither counted. I have all the packs available as of now (Jul 2019) and my game version is PC 1.52.100.1020 (ie the most recent update). Here's a screenshot just as she completed and before it went to the next tier 

Here's where it's showing as not completing it (the second screenshot is after the first one Standard smile ):

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 4 of 26 (6,411 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Just reporting in to say I did a factory reset of my game before playing this household again and my sim completed at least two more tiers of different aspirations and neither counted.  Neither aspiration was her original aspiration, but it's always worked for any aspiration milestone in the past for me. 

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 5 of 26 (6,364 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Complete Aspiration Milestone resolution doesn't fulfill

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (6,336 Views)

★ Guide

If it helps, I just had this happen twice (two kids, both with the fufilll milestone resolution in the same house) while I had MCCC (and nothing else) installed and it threw up a "last exception" flag both times.  I know we're not supposed to report until we've pulled mods out, but since the mod in this case is what told me there was an error, I thought I'd mention it.

Message 7 of 26 (6,128 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The same error just happened to me. I did the usual, taking off all the CC/mods and repairing the game. I still got the same problem.
I don't know if a last exception file would be useful in this?

Message 8 of 26 (6,099 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem! It happened earlier this week and now again, even after the most recent patch!

Hopefully it gets fixed soon. I usually go with this resolution if I don't know which one to pick. For now I'll know to pick another one until this gets patched.

Message 9 of 26 (5,884 Views)

★ Guide

I have this same problem, with and without mods, and for the times when I had MCCC installed, I would always get one of those "last exception" notices when the sim who had made that resolution completed a milestone. Just, y'know. FYI I guess. 

Message 10 of 26 (5,808 Views)