Re: [OPEN] [S] Coming home from different world and the snow is gone

by SimQARobo

Original Post

EA Sims Team

@XxNata92xX @MapleSimmer

We're having trouble reproducing this.  Is it possible that it was near the end of winter, and the snow melted because it was transitioning to spring?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 24 (2,355 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

no it was maybe 5 days from 7 but it was also earlier aswell when that happened but as I said it only happens if I go from one neighborhood to another one.

If I go from lot to lot in the same neighborhood everything is fine

Message 12 of 24 (2,348 Views)

EA Sims Team

@XxNata92xX

We can reproduce the issue now.  Thank you Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 13 of 24 (2,335 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I see that you've been able to reproduce the issue now, but I can confirm that for me it was nearing spring and that sims left the house around noon on a Friday and returned shortly after midnight on Saturday, which was the last day of winter for them (though I didn't realize that the snow left before the end of winter as I'm used to that happening in spring in real life Standard smile but will keep that in mind going forward).  I tried responding earlier from mobile but the option to 'submit' wasn't coming up.

Thanks and regards,
Jennifer

Message 14 of 24 (2,318 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hello everyone, this is my first post and my first bug report!

-------------

Bug: snow disappears while i'm traveling from world to world while it's winter (happened twice and I'll try to make it happen again)

Note on Holidays: I did not edit the default dates for the default holidays like Winterfest and New Years.

Where and How: I have a normal Sim living in Forgotten Hollow. She was invited to the Hijinks festival in San Myshuno by her friend, Caleb Vatore. There was snow there, but when we got back to Forgotten Hollow after successfully doing his request (eat food) and having the Tricksters win, the snow was gone. I thought this was by design to show that Forgotten Hollow is just warmer than other worlds, but I guess not.

When: I think it was a few days after the start of winter. I started the new game in Autumn.

The Second Time It Happened: It was New Years eve and I had my sim travel to Oasis Springs by herself to collect crystals/fossils/frogs. When she got back, there was no snow.

Note on Weather: when the weather is snowing during winter time, the snow stays so long as I stay in Forgotten Hollow. I don't know if it matters if I travel between neighborhoods, or travel between lots.

------------

Household Notes: A single young adult sim with no career; no family tree or pets. Patchy is on the lot but he isn't a playable sim in the household yet.

Expansions: Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons

Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure

Stuff Packs: Movie Hangout, Romantic Garden Stuff, Luxury Garden Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff

Mods and CC: I don't have any mods or CC

Cheats?: I used testingcheats on, bb.moveobjects, motherlode every once in a while in this save game, and I Shift-Right Click so I can click on my sim to "Make Happy" every now and then.

Message 15 of 24 (2,297 Views)

Snow Disappears When Leaving and Re-entering World

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.45.62.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure Stuff Packs: Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start a game in winter and wait until there is snow on the ground. When the weather is clear (not snowing) and cold, travel to a different world and then travel back. You can also exit to the main menu and then re-enter the save file. The snow that was accumulated on the ground before is suddenly gone. I find that this bug tends to occur in San Myshuno. This is the world in which the bug has occurred to me several times.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any snow that was on the ground before leaving the world or exiting the same suddenly disappears. It's as if it never snowed at all.
What do you expect to see? Snow that falls should remain on the ground when you re-enter the world. Snow should only melt when it gets warm enough to, and it does not get warm enough in winter or rain. Therefore, any snow that falls should remain. It should not suddenly disappear as if it were never there in the first place.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I started noticing this glitch, I figured that my mods may have been to blame. However, removing all my mods and custom content from the game did not solve the issue; it continued to occur. This glitch is extremely annoying as it is entirely unrealistic for snow to suddenly disappear with no explanation, simply because I left the world. What good is the game if I am confined to one world if I don't want the snow to disappear? It doesn't help that the grass turns greener throughout the second half of winter, which makes the world look extremely unnatural when this happens. Based on grass turning green before spring begins, it is obvious that there is supposed to be snow on the ground, as you would not be able to see the grass under normal conditions.

Outside of Oasis Springs and Selvadorada, I have never seen a temperature of "Cool" or any rainfall during winter. Therefore, any snow that falls on the ground during winter should remain until spring.

Message 16 of 24 (2,274 Views)

Re: Snow Disappears When Leaving and Re-entering World

Hero

Hi @simplayer56

I merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to also click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 24 (2,243 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This happened to me yesterday. It was snowing heavily with a full snow cover on the ground and when I came back a few minutes later it was all gone. 

Message 18 of 24 (2,202 Views)

Snow won't automatically appear in other worlds and keeps randomly disappearing

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the middle of winter, visit another world (for example Newcrest) that is supposed to get snow, while the neighborhood has sunny/cloudy/windy weather currently going on. For the disappearing snow, be in a neighborhood that has had a heavy snowfall and then visit another neighborhood, while the neighborhood with snow has sunny/windy/cloudy weather. Then come back to the neighborhood with snow and see all of the snow be gone.
What happens when the bug occurs? Other worlds, that are supposed get snow, don't have any form of snow, unless a playable Sim has visited them during a blizzard/snowfall. If neighborhoods that have gained snow currently have sunny/windy/cloudy weather, all of the snow suddenly disappear after visiting another lot and coming back, unless there is a snowfall/blizzard going on.
What do you expect to see? All worlds that are supposed have snow during winter should gain snow, even if a playable Sim hasn't visited them at all. Neighborhoods that have already gained snow should have their snow stay until it starts melting in the last days of winter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All of this happens in the middle of winter.

Message 19 of 24 (2,167 Views)

Re: Snow won't automatically appear in other worlds and keeps randomly disappear

Hero

Hi @DestroyerSims

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 24 (2,148 Views)