Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Christmas tree decorations only partially appearing

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim decorate a christmas tree
What happens when the bug occurs? the tree will only appear partially decorated, even if you let the sim do all decorating options. Only the topping and the skirt were visible. So far I've had two Winter Fests in my game, the first time the tree was fully decorated, the second time the bug occured.
What do you expect to see? A fully decorated tree
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

see above

Message 1 of 15 (7,231 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Christmas tree decorations only partially appearing

Hero

• Sims will no longer have difficulty decorating the Ever Delightful Evergreen Holiday Tree when it’s placed adjacent to certain wall decorations.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (4,749 Views)

All Replies

Hero

HI @KonekoFoxglove

found this at the forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16559455#Comment_16559455

Can you confirm ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (7,158 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Mine has been in a corner, too, so this might indeed be the issue!

I still have that buggy tree, I'll test out if the problem is solved by putting it somewhere else. 

Edit: @crinrictI have tried decorating the tree in an open space as suggested and it worked, all decorations showed up! So I can definitely confirm.

Message 3 of 15 (7,148 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I had mine in the corner to start with, but I figured that might be the problem, so I moved it out into the centre of the room -- and it still didn't work. I even tried deleting it and buying a new tree, in case I had borked it. Still no luck. It has just occurred to me, though, that when I had it in the middle of the room, it might have been touching the light fitting. I don't know whether that might have affected it. I'll try experimenting a bit more - in a larger room, with higher ceilings.

Message 4 of 15 (7,094 Views)

Hero
Added this for amount of reports here and at officials

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 15 (7,071 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hi - just posting again to say that I tried decorating the tree in a larger room, with higher ceilings (medium height walls), and it worked perfectly this time. I can't say for sure, but it seems that my previous problem may have been that the ceiling light was touching the tree - or it might possibly have been that the ceiling was too low. 

Message 6 of 15 (6,651 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Christmas tree decorations only partially appearing

★★★ Apprentice

I'm on to my second winter.  The tree worked perfectly in the first winter but this time it only shows as having a garland and tree topper.  I've bought a brand new tree and same problem.  The tree is in the same place as it was last year.

Message 7 of 15 (6,598 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same here. First it was in the corner, but decoreted perfectly, next winterfest it did not, so I placed it in the middle, I only got partial decoration. It might touched the ceiling light, and it definetly tuched the carpet. I will try it someplace else next winter.

Message 8 of 15 (6,483 Views)

EA Staff

Hello everyone!

Would anyone be willing to send us your save games? You can check the instructions here

We are having trouble reproducing this issue.

Thank you very much! :D

Message 9 of 15 (5,859 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi! 

I think you can use this link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZFd9XSFPlCanIS_4f8TWG0H4Z1CkYvL-/view?usp=sharing

I use a few mods, mainly mc command centre.

Last winter I managed to have both the topper and garlands show up (but not the other decoration, whatever it's called), this winterfest though I can only get the topper, the rug and presents underneath to show up.

I tried all of the toppers and rugs and they work fine.

What changed from this winterfest from the last is I changed the position of the tree, otherwise it's the same family and no new mods.

Hope you find the issue Standard smile

Message 10 of 15 (5,836 Views)