Re: [FIXED] [S] Chilled/Overheating moodlets in certain rooms when indoors

by MadameNordica

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [S] Chilled/Overheating moodlets in certain rooms when indoors

★ Apprentice

I've just recently gotten similar issue. I've played the game over a year without any chill/over-heating moodlets just by having 1 thermostat in the house no matter has it been large or small, with or without any fireplaces, but lately especially on community lots like gym and spa the sims are constantly getting the chilled moodlet indoors (during cold weather) in any room that doesn't have the thermostat placed. So now I have to make sure every room has its own.

I noticed this only a week ago. I didn't have any problems before this and I didn't have any mods active during when it happened. It keeps happening with or without mods, if there isn't a thermostat in every room.

Message 31 of 36 (1,206 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Gwiniel   A long time ago I made a mod that... kinda... "re-directed" the chilled moodlet. Ran it for a very long time. About 7 months ago I disabled it to see if the problem was still occurring. I haven't had the problem since.

If you think you might want the mod, I wouldn't recommend it. It has... consequences. It basically disables Chilled everywhere, even outside. You won't know if you're cold until you're dying. It doesn't work in a few circumstances anyway.  I got around the dying thing by always carrying honey.

Message 32 of 36 (1,187 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you but no thanks @Psychotps. I try to use the absolute minimum of mods in my game. I can add all the thermostats easily, gives no problem and I can always change outfits, if they aren't automatically changed. It won't help unplayable sims in community lots but I can manage with that Standard smile Thank you for the honey tip, didn't know about it.

Message 33 of 36 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am a little disappointed that this hasn't been fixed yet. I had some sims go on vacation to Granite Falls in the winter (Green Getaway Cabin) and they spent the whole time freezing inside with the thermostat set to warm. I tried rebuilding the cabin, deleting and replacing the thermostat, and had my sims turn it off and on again... I gave up and had them wear their winter clothes the whole time. They also get chilled/overheating at random in their home (regardless of build size or complexity), but not always at the same time - one sim will be chilled/overheating while in the living room, but the other won't, for example - with the heat/AC turned on. I even tried placing a thermostat in every room. The game thinks that the sim is outside, when they are inside and it can't simply be because a roof isn't sealed or a room isn't build correctly - they are built how the game let's us build them or they are pre-built, in-game homes, so clearly this is a design flaw. I really hope this gets sorted because it is honestly ruining seasons. 

Message 34 of 36 (1,107 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

● Sims should no longer get the "Chilled" buff when the thermostat is set to warmer.
- Unless you have a heater that turns on and off repeatedly due to a bad switch in the system, and then when it decides to fail completely, it just ignores input for about 3 hours, and then when you wake up in the morning you have to carry a heavy blanket with you… ah hm… nm

Fixed in Patch 1.62.67

If you still have issues with Overheating (as this was specifically for chilled), please create a new thread.

Please use this thread if you're still seeing this in your game: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Problem-with-thermostat/td-p/9641560/jump-to/first-unread-mess...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 36 (8,381 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [S] Chilled/Overheating moodlets in certain rooms when indoors

★★★ Guide

Like this?

Message 36 of 36 (919 Views)