Re: Chilled/Overheating moodlets when indoors.

by Psychotps

Original Post

Hero
There is another bug report for the Sims not changing after coming in and wearing outdoor outfit indoors.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 36 (2,198 Views)

★★★★ Expert

That one seems to be working again.  Sims seem to change back into their other clothes once inside. Not sure what fixed it, a patch or a mod. Mine's the opposite. Sims are either changing indoors or they're getting chilled indoors and not changing.

Message 12 of 36 (2,188 Views)

★ Guide

I also have this problem, one of my sims frozen to death inside the fitness center when I played with another household. 

Message 13 of 36 (2,179 Views)

Hero
Does the center have a thermostat ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 36 (2,177 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I noticed that. None of the default lots have a thermostat. I always have freebuild on. If one of my sims overheats or gets chilled, the first thing I do is make sure there's a thermostat, and place one if not.

Message 15 of 36 (2,167 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Ok, this is a new house.

Chilled1 shows the thermostat by the front door.  Sim in the bedroom got the "Chilled" moodlet. I had the blue clothed sim go to the thermostat and turn it off and back on.  Sim in the bedroom then got the "Central Heating" moodlet but still had the "Chilled" moodlet.  Won't go away.

Chilled2 shows I moved the thermostat to the bedroom. Turned it off and back on, and both had "Central Heating" and "Chilled".

With the thermostat still in the bedroom, I moved both sims into different rooms, and they still have "Chilled".

So, it looks like the thermostat isn't doing anything at all.

Message 16 of 36 (2,144 Views)

Hero
Added this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 36 (2,102 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m getting the same thing in the 19 culpper apt in the spice district. The thermostat isn’t working correctly. I’ve tried moving it around to different areas of the apt, but my Sim is getting both the central heat moodlet & chilled moodlet inside (as well as the chilled animations). I did notice that all her neighbors do the animation where they appreciate the heat once they walk into the common mailbox area.. so it seems that the heat is working in the common area of the building instead of in the apt it’s located in. It is working fine in the other house I play in the same save (that one is a house in new crest). I have decided to work around the issue by adding a fireplace, and that is working fine for now. 

Message 18 of 36 (2,065 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

It's since happened on every building. If I have a two-story house, the sims will always switch to cold weather gear before going downstairs. Switching to cold weather gear never happens on single-story buildings. I even expanded my seasons to 14 days to test this out. I tried putting thermostats in every room, upstairs and downstairs. Nothing works.

If there's a two-story building, sims will ALWAYS switch to cold weather clothes in winter before going downstairs. Same thing with summer. Sims switch to hot-weather clothes before going downstairs.

I'm going to stop using two-story houses until this is fixed.

Message 19 of 36 (2,015 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Chilled/Overheating moodlets in certain rooms when indoors

★★ Novice
@crinrictPsychotps My toddlers keep getting a sad moodlet and I hover over it and it says they’re cold. I have 2 fireplaces going downstairs and central air up and downstairs on automatic.
Message 20 of 36 (1,946 Views)