Re: [OPEN] [S] Can't plant most plants - too cold

by Shadebrigade

Original Post

★ Novice

I play on Xbox and have this issue in a new save. I have no mods or CC of course and haven’t used cheats before. 

I followed the link link about sharing save files and for Xbox is says how to capture a video or screenshot. Would this actually be helpful in resolving this issue? 

I am using a green house in winter and so far everything is thriving but I’m not allowed to plan onions because of the “tool cold” error. 

Message 41 of 73 (1,910 Views)

Hero

Hi @Spoiled_Royal4

could you please create a new thread for console ? Console and PC are currently not in-sync patches-wise so it's better to have a thread each to better keep track what's solved.

Thank you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 73 (1,900 Views)

★ Apprentice

I, also, am having this issue. My work around is to move the plant inside in a planter and then I able to plant it and then just move it back outside. I do only try to plant them in season, but it still says its too cold. I am using MC command center and some CC.

Message 43 of 73 (1,868 Views)

EA Staff

Hi everyone!

We have not been able to reproduce this even with the save previously provided. 

Could any of you send us a save game where you are experiencing this issue?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

Thanks! :D

Message 44 of 73 (1,828 Views)

★ Apprentice

I just had this happen with a carrot and onion (both I got from a gnome that dropped them during Thanksgiving).  I built a greenhouse addition onto the Vatore house and had my teenager start planting.  He planted everything else except those two things due to it being too cold (in the greenhouse?).  While I do have mods, they are cosmetic and don't interfere with gameplay (and haven't since they were made a couple of years ago).

Save File: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvZzpaFJ_W3dmAbw_HoK_sqgST8b

(I sincerely hope I got the Sharing permissions right.  I *think* I did.)

Message 45 of 73 (1,802 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Has anyone tried going into Build Mode, moving the plants into a Sheltered location, then back out? I've been noticing the new Gardening System has been rather finicky with how it detects the environments its in, especially if I'm playing an Apartment lot. Try this:

1: Enter Build Mode.

2: Drag the plant, along with its container (If it has one) into a sheltered location. (One that has a roof over it.)

3: Exit Build Mode (See if the plant Re-Initializes; essentially showing as if it was just planted again.) (If it does, proceed to Step 4.)

4: Enter Build Mode.

5: Move the plant, along with its container (if it has one) into an outdoor location. (One that does NOT have a roof over it.)

6: Exit Build Mode (See if the plant Re-Initializes, as per Step 3.)

I'm curious if this might also be related to the issue where you can't water plants on career lots (Such as the Scientist Career.)

As a workaround, if you have Seasons, I would recommend placing some plants around a Sprinkler to keep them alive for the time being. I've found that works for the interim (Plus it let me build a cozy little garden at FutureSim Labs!)

- B

Message 46 of 73 (1,780 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Khevor 

Thank you for the save file!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 47 of 73 (1,759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I've just come across this issue in my game. I've had issues with the thermostats only working sometimes but not all the time. I.e my sims will put on their cold outfits and the toddlers have the sad emotion due to being cold. I just tried to start planting things inside and some stuff would plant but others wouldn't saying it's too cold. I have never used custom content and in this particular save file I haven't used cheats.

Message 48 of 73 (1,740 Views)

Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

★★★ Novice

I have no mods on and this happening to me as well.

Message 49 of 73 (1,696 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Can't plant most plants - too cold

★ Pro

Just encountered this, Sim got a carrot for Christmas, tried planting it in a sheltered planter but getting its to cold to plant.

Message 50 of 73 (1,570 Views)