Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] Can't plant most plants - too cold

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I tried planting the starter plants, and the plasma fruit.
What happens when the bug occurs? The only plants it allowed me to plant are the peas and peppers. If I try to plant anything else, it is always grayed out saying it is too cold, even when the weather says it is hot.
What do you expect to see? The option to plant the harvestable plants during at least one of the seasons, such as spring or summer, without issue.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Sims 4 Seasons.

So, I just installed The Sims 4 Seasons, and now I can't plant most of the plants in the game. The only ones it has let me plant so far are the peas and peppers. Everything else is always grayed out, saying it is too cold, even on a hot day in the middle of summer.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 73 (10,979 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: "Too cold to plant" message. Any plant any season.

Hero

Now all onions, carrots, mushrooms, potatoes, apples, tomatoes, and growfruits can be planted indoors during freezing weather.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Would be good to post exactly which plants you're still having issues with if you do

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 73 of 73 (5,664 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Re: Can't plant most plants - always says too cold even when it is hot

★★★★ Apprentice

I am not sure if this is an issue yet considering I haven't yet moved from winter but when I planted things I was able to plant fall/spring plants that came from the basic garden pack except for carrots and mushrooms which it said it was too cold to plant them. I also planted some other spring plants in a greenhouse but carrots/mushrooms I couldn't plant due to the cold. Will be interested to see if this is a bug or not as to why I couldn't plant them in a heated greenhouse (Thermostat)  But I also thought maybe it was the season as when I planted some of the others I had accidently caused a heatwave with the failing of the weather machine  in winter but that was also the time when I couldn't plant the carrots and Mushrooms.

So I am curious. I hadn't reported this yet as I wasn't sure if it was a bug.

Message 2 of 73 (10,874 Views)

Hero

Hi @Pyrosandstorm

have you tested this without mods at all ?

All issues reported must be tested on vanilla games.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 73 (10,853 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, the first thing I did was turn off the mods. I only use a few to begin with.

Message 4 of 73 (10,839 Views)

Hero
Plants have seasons now though. Some can't be planted during a certain seasons and they will revert to dirt if you already have them planted.

Did you check which are they're seasons ?

I'll do some testing myself though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 73 (10,827 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It wasn't giving me information about seasons on all of them either. I tried planting them in Spring, Summer, and Autumn, and it just always kept saying it was too cold, even when it said it was hot out.

Message 6 of 73 (10,797 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'd been playing in Brindleton Bay, but I'm starting over with a new family in Forgotten Hollow. I'll see if I still have the same problem in a different town.

Message 7 of 73 (10,787 Views)

Hero
Could you test on a fresh user folder with a new save to see if you have the same issue ? Maybe something got corrupted by the mods on your current save.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 73 (10,780 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Sure, I was going to start a new family anyway. I also completely removed the mods I had, not just turned them off, since I only had a couple little ones anyway.

Message 9 of 73 (10,759 Views)

Hero
Just for testing if it works on the new one. Don't delete the old save. If it works, would you be willing to share your old save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, mediafire, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 73 (10,755 Views)