Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [S] [CL] Rain/Gnomes break Unbreakable objects and can't be repaired

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them as of 16/07/18 All are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? As you can't force the gnomes to break something - you need to wait until they break an unbreakable object.
What happens when the bug occurs? After angering the gnomes they tend to break most, if not all, objects in your house. If they break an unbreakable object - it cannot be repaired by either a sim or the repair service; you have to replace the toilet via build/buy or the replace option. The repair action doesn't have a progress bar like you would expect either. This breaks the repair sim too - they get stuck repairing the object and will not stop unless you move it in build/buy. After a while you cannot dismiss them as it states the sim is already leaving though they are stuck repairing the toilet forever So far I've only seen this occur with the "Sweet Escapes Country Toilet".
What do you expect to see? Toilets should be repairable if broken by gnomes - or just not breakable by gnomes as they have the unbreakable trait in the build/buy description.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

No additional information.

Message 1 of 15 (3,708 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unbreakable Radio Objects randomly break (And cannot be repaired afterwards)

Hero

• Gnomes will no longer break unbreakable objects.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Going to mark this as needs input because I think the rain also did break stuff. Not sure if that's fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 7 of 15 (3,323 Views)

All Replies

Gremlins break unbreakable items and they cant be fixed.

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & dogs, City living, Get to Work, Seasons, Vampires, Laundry day stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into an apartment with the gremlins trait. Wait out the first night. Buy an unbreakable toilet. Then it will break and it can't be repaired.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your unbreakable toilet will break due to gremlins and it can't be repaired. Maybe also for other items. Haven't tested.
What do you expect to see? I would really like that unbreakable items won't break due to gremlins. That would give you a challenge to get all your items to be unbreakable. However now it just breaks and that's kinda lame. So to be clear: Gremlins only break items that are breakable and also fixable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So when the gremlins break your items they literally break EVERYTHING. This includes unbreakable items like your nice and fancy toilet. However tehse unbreakable items can't be repaired. Probably because they shouldn't be broken in the first time. It would be really nice to fix this problem. This gives you a challenge to get every item non breakable without it breaking ever again. 

Message 2 of 15 (3,589 Views)

Re: Gremlins break unbreakable items and they cant be fixed.

Hero
Merged the gnomes and the gremlins thread as this is essentially the same issue.

@gijsoman

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 15 (3,569 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] [CL] Unbreakable objects break and can't be repaired

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (3,517 Views)

Unbreakable Radio Objects randomly break (And cannot be repaired afterwards)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except for "My First Pet Stuff", "Toddler Stuff", "Fitness Stuff", "Bowling Night Stuff", and "Kids Room Stuff" Disclaimer: This bug never occurred until I installed "Seasons".
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Upgrade any electronic (Seems to happen mostly to systems that use the Radio (electronics that would break if in the rain) with "Fixium Wiring" which is the upgrade that makes it unbreakable, and leave it on. After a few in-game days, it will break and be unable to be fixed by anyone. Note: MAKE SURE it has the unbreakable upgrade, as this glitch doesn't happen if it doesn't have it.
What happens when the bug occurs? Electronics that have been upgraded with the Unbreakable upgrade still break, and when they do they cannot be repaired (It's just an endless action with no resolution).
What do you expect to see? Electronics that have been upgraded to be unbreakable should not break (and if they do [ex: being in the rain] they should be able to be repaired, or they should repair themselves automatically).
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed "Seasons".

Hello, I've seen this bug for a while. I started playing this game a few months after seasons was released, and have quite enjoyed it. However, I've noticed that any system that has a radio in it and has been upgraded to be unbreakable will still break. when these items do break, they cannot be repaired (If they don't have the unbreakable upgrade they repair just fine). I feel like this glitch has something to do with the rain, because I once had a stereo in-game that was outside and broke because of the rain. My butler would then try to fix it while it wasn't raining, and couldn't. He would just keep trying until he got electrocuted to death and another butler came and fell into the same trap. 

However, the items don't need to be outside for this to happen. If an item is unbreakable and inside, it will still break if the radio is left on too long, and then it cannot be fixed no matter how long a sim tries to repair it. This seems similar to the one that broke in the rain, though I'm not sure if it is related or not. (Might be worth looking into though). I'm not sure if they only break when it is raining outside or if it's not at all related, but I do know that they cannot be fixed no matter the weather. 

Message 5 of 15 (3,409 Views)

Re: Unbreakable Radio Objects randomly break (And cannot be repaired afterwards)

Hero

Hi @zinerith

thank you for your report.

This is an already known issue and I've merged your post with the existing thread on it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (3,393 Views)

Hero

• Gnomes will no longer break unbreakable objects.

Fixed in Patch 1.47.49

Going to mark this as needs input because I think the rain also did break stuff. Not sure if that's fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (3,324 Views)

★★ Guide
It's not fixed.

It still happens.

I never saw outdoor objects broken.

However definitely unbreakable objects in indoor break.

Not only electorics that upgraded but also the most expensive bathtub that should be unbreakable breaks.

I think it's not related to gnome or holy day events.

It happens anytime.
Message 8 of 15 (3,179 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

There's another thread for non-gnome: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Unbreakable-objects-break-and-can-t-be-repaired/m-p/68828...

Sounds like you have that one. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 15 (3,174 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still happening  in my game. Gnomes  keep braking items that are upgraded to be unbreakable or is bought as unbreakable example the sweet escape toilet. As well as making  basin dirty with self  cleaning upgrade. My sim  couldn't  clean  the basin  after  this  happened  on Harvestfest. 

Message 10 of 15 (934 Views)