Re: Sims 4 Seasons Harvest Fest Gnomes won't Despawn

by deztech

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well. In a house it wasn't as much of an annoyance because I could sell the gnomes. But in an apartment they just stay there in their gnome group looking creepy and filling the hallway with trash. Very annoying.

Message 11 of 22 (5,845 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same! No mods/CC in my game. It happened in Willow Creek. Sold them after the harvest holiday event.

Message 12 of 22 (5,839 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [S] Harvest Fest Gnomes won't Despawn

★★★★ Novice

I also have them  appear during Harvestfest and not disappearing afterwards  ... in my house in Willow Creek.

Fortunately, since it is not a single appartment, but my house and my land, I can sell them.

Message 13 of 22 (5,774 Views)

Hero

I don't think they are supposed to, tbh. 

Issue for apartments that they shouldn't spawn in the hallway though

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 22 (5,757 Views)

★★ Guide

I ran into another part of this issue.

After the first Gnome holiday, I sold off the gnomes afterwards, since they wouldn't disappear on their own.

But next time a Gnome holiday came around, it seemed like the game didn't spawn in the Gnomes again.

In my case, I didn't see them anywhere in my house, until I went into Build/Buy mode and saw that the game had placed 3 new Gnomes in my Household Inventory.

Message 15 of 22 (5,729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Remove the tradition from the holiday itself through the calendar.

Message 16 of 22 (5,631 Views)

★★★ Newbie
you can't delete them in build mode when they are in your aparment hallway. Standard smile
Message 17 of 22 (5,357 Views)

★★★★ Novice

From the (mostly accidental) research i have done on this, you must be in the sim's home lot when the holiday ends for the gnomes to 'deactivate' and turn back into regular gnomes. Although in the apartment cases this would still not make them disappear if they happen to be in the corridor when the events ends, just 'deactivate' and therefore not give out seed packets...

This is definitely a bug though, not only should they not spawn in the corridor of an apartment but they should also 'deactivate' whether you are home or not... I would suggest?

Message 18 of 22 (5,298 Views)

Hero

I've edited the title of this a bit.

I do think they are supposed to stay but the issue is that they spawn in apartment hallways. This is what this thread here is about.

We have now a second thread for the excessive seed packet spawning AFTER the holiday: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Holiday-Gnomes-keep-spawning-seed-packets/td-p/6983079

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 22 (5,216 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm seeing this as well, luckily the two holidays that I've gone through where they appear in the hallway, they teleport to somewhere in the apartment by the time the holiday is over and properly deactivate, so I don't end up with endless piles of seeds and trash...

Message 20 of 22 (5,173 Views)