by Karamazov123

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Still Freezing after December Patch

★★★★ Apprentice

K thanks.

Message 61 of 88 (806 Views)

Hero
@crystalf1ambe1 I'm going to merge your thread with the platform bug report as I'm 99% certain that's the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 62 of 88 (795 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, 

I think I am having this same issue. I just installed snowy escape and my game keeps freezing (but not crashing). Another thing is that it gets really laggy and my audio switches off. This could happen 10 mins before it freezes - does this happen to anyone else?
I'm going to try playing a house with no platforms and see if that helps. 

Thanks! 

Message 63 of 88 (720 Views)

Re: Game will not stop ultra speed and cannot interact with game, mac, snowy esc

Hero
@mrgalvin2494 Have you been able to fix your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 64 of 88 (696 Views)

Re: Game will not stop ultra speed and cannot interact with game, mac, snowy esc

★★ Novice

Only by moving my household to a different lot. There must be some glitch with the lot I mentioned in the previous post. I have noticed other problems as well (of course I can’t remember what they are at the moment) so I’d assume that whatever update ea did in late November was not fully debugged.

thank you for all your help!

Message 65 of 88 (679 Views)

Hero
@mrgalvin2494 If another lot works it might indeed be the platform issue.

I'll merge this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 66 of 88 (669 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok, thank you

Message 67 of 88 (654 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I too am having this same issue after recently installing Snowy Escape. The game will freeze other than things like fireplaces and weather still going, time is frozen. I can click the pause and time speed buttons, but it does nothing; can go into buy/build mode, but still frozen upon returning to live mode; ESC menu doesn't help either - have to end task to get out of the game; saving just loads indefinitely. I've been reading through the threads on this topic and I don't believe mine is tied to the Father Winter bug. Doesn't appear to be tied to a certain activity, but has happened during each game play the past few days.

Message 68 of 88 (625 Views)

Hero
@kyoung1203 Do you have any platform in your home ? Did you check if it happens in other houses to narrow down the cause ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 69 of 88 (609 Views)

Endless loading screens in Mt.Komorebi

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Load up a family in Mt.Komorebi, if it doesn't happen instantly play for a bit and travel to some other lots.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game gets stuck on the loading screen.
What do you expect to see? The game to not get stuck when trying to load something.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought Snowy Escape (on November 20th).

I've had this issue since 3 days after I bought the pack and have been trying to fix it ever since. I've repaired my game multiple times, tested my current save and a completely new save, tested with and without mods, tested multiple households (my own and premade) and replaced the sims in my own household to see if they were the issue (it doesn't appear to be just my sims, premade households get stuck as well) and tested in different worlds to find out it's only happening in Mt.Komorebi. I even fully uninstalled and reinstalled my game yesterday and it seemed to be working fine today for a few hours, but now I'm stuck again. The pack is completely unplayable for me at this point because I often can't even load into my household at all. 

Message 70 of 88 (796 Views)