[FIXED] Routing Issues with Platform freeze the game

by Karamazov123

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Still Freezing after December Patch

@crystalf1ambe1  Your saves are the appropriate size, so you likely don't have the Father Winter issue.  You can still use Google Drive for your uploads; you just need to change the permissions on the links.  When you right-click on an upload and select Get Link, you can choose who has access to the file: only people on your approved list, or anyone with the link.  Choose the option for anyone with the link.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 31 of 88 (933 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I did as you said, thanks.

Message 32 of 88 (920 Views)

Hero
@crystalf1ambe1 I tested your save and I couldn't get it to freeze but if you have the platform/routing freeze it might be hard to duplicate

Have you tested multiple households ? Does it freeze on all of them or just a specific house ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 33 of 88 (908 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I haven’t tested other households, should I?

Message 34 of 88 (933 Views)

Re: sims 4 game time freeze

★ Novice

I’m having the same problem! 

Message 35 of 88 (860 Views)

★ Novice

Me too! It's super annoying, I can't even save my game! Someone please help me. 

Message 36 of 88 (833 Views)

★★ Novice
@SimstopherD Hi! Was your issue resolved? I have the same problem since the latest update 😥
Message 37 of 88 (822 Views)

Hero
@crystalf1ambe1 Yes, that would be good. Try one in willow creek an in standard house

(and sorry for the late answer. Was a busy weekend)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 88 (897 Views)

Game Stuck Since Dec 2020 Update

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game except Batuu, all stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Game gets stuck at different times. The time stops, but there is still some motion in the Sims (breathing while sleeping, standing around and shrugging, as if they were stuck).
What do you expect to see? Game no longer freezes. Time does not stop unless I pause the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. December 2020 Patch

Hello all, I hope you can help me with the issue that I am having. 

Since the December update, my game has been freezing at random times. It will usually happen about 20 minutes into gameplay. The game basically freezes, not allowing me to click on anything. There is still some movement in the trees and in the Sims (breathing, shifting while sleeping, that kind of thing). 

Here are the mods that I have installed. All of them have been updated for the patch, and I have downloaded the latest version:

-KawaiiStacie Slice of Life

-LBB Grannies Ol' Recipe Book

-LittleMsSam More Best Friends

-Scarlet Uni Faster HW 50

-MCCC

-UI Cheats 

I have deleted mods that have not been updated as well as CC/Mods that affect height and/or skin, thinking that it may be a conflict with the new genetics system. That doesn't seem to have fixed the issue though. Does anyone have any guidance? I am on a Mac by the way, running macOS Catalina Version 10.15.7. 

Thanks, everyone! 

Message 39 of 88 (912 Views)

Re: Game Stuck Since Dec 2020 Update

Hero
@cvddle_kxtty_ Did you also test without any mods at all ?

There are two known issues that freeze the game. Could either of them be your problem:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Routing-Issues-with-Platform-freeze-the-game/td-p/9...
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Game-Freezing-because-of-Father-Winter-Aftermath-Patch-1-69-57...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 88 (878 Views)