Re: Endless loading screens in Mt.Komorebi

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero
@MayaMoon1397 Do the houses you're having issues with have platforms ? If you put a house without platforms in Mt. Komorebi, does that also freeze ?

Wonder if you have a platform freeze issue. I tested another save with a bit of a different symptom than yours but also had endless loading until I move the family out and back in. Then it loaded but froze later on. I suspect the platforms to be the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 81 of 88 (758 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

All of the houses in Mt.Komorebi have platforms and none of the apartments in San Myshuno have platforms, so that could be the issue. I'll have to check if a house without platforms also freezes.

My current household that I tested with lives in Mt.Komorebi on a lot with platforms, but I moved them to San Myshuno to see if they would freeze there too. They did in the test with mods, but not in the test without mods.

Message 82 of 88 (750 Views)

Hero
@MayaMoon1397 This is the issue I'm referring to: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Routing-Issues-with-Platform-freeze-the-game/td-p/9...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 83 of 88 (747 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

That could very well be my issue. My current household has furniture near the platform in their house.

I'll do some more testing with removing the furniture near the platform and removing the platform altogether and let you know if that fixes things.

Message 84 of 88 (737 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Okay, so I did some testing and I think this is my issue.

I tried a version of my regular save with platforms and furniture within and around sunken platforms removed and played for about 3 in game days (since that's when the issue seems to happen most of the time) and everything worked just fine. 

When I tried to put the furniture back, but slightly further away from the edge of the platform I got endless load screens again. 

Thanks so much for your help with figuring this out!

Message 85 of 88 (711 Views)

Hero
@MayaMoon1397 Happy to hear.

Merged your post with the platform freezing then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 86 of 88 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I'm also  experiencing issues with my game file. 

I am fully updated to the latest patch, using no mods, and yet after about an hour of play my entire game locks up. I'm playing on an entirely new save, in the beginning of Spring.

Sims stop moving, the clock stops moving, etc. The only thing that happens is if a sim makes a sound (i.e. if a child is sleeping they'll giggle but that's it). I've been deeply frustrated with this problem, as it has made it impossible for me to play the game at all, and I have experienced it since Snowy Escape was released and since, even with patches. 

Message 87 of 88 (660 Views)

Hero

Fixed an issue related to game freezing or hanging related to Platforms usage that made the game unrecoverable.

Fixed in Patch 1.70.84/ 1.37

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 88 of 88 (3,363 Views)