Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Routing Issues with Platform freeze the game

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Journey to Batuu, Fitness Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, and Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Playing the game for 5-10 minutes.
What happens when the bug occurs? After a few minutes of play, any loading screen or attempt to save will go on infinitely. I've waited over an hour to see if a save has processed or if I'll load into a new area, but nada.
What do you expect to see? Loading screens and saves to last a minute or two before letting me resume the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The Nov 20th patch

• I did have a Winterfest in my game, either before the patch or shortly after. Father Winter showed up and things were fine. I've since disabled the tradition just in case.
  • Sometimes, the game has trouble even loading up; I'll only get a portion of the search bar that refuses to close on its own, requiring me to go through Task Manager. Repairing the game fixes this.
  • Sometimes, my sims will freeze and time will keep going on. However, I can't pause or change the clock speed. I don't know if this is still a problem, since the infinite loading glitch prevents me from playing long enough to find out.
  • I downloaded the latest version of MCCC to clear out all homeless and hidden sims, but the problem still continues. I've never used this mod until now.
  • I removed my mods and still had this problem. For the record, all my mods are custom spells for Realm of Magic.
  • My computer specs meet the minimum and recommended settings.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 11 of 88 (4,793 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Endless loading screens in Mt.Komorebi

Hero

Fixed an issue related to game freezing or hanging related to Platforms usage that made the game unrecoverable.

Fixed in Patch 1.70.84/ 1.37

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 88 of 88 (3,342 Views)

All Replies

sims 4 game time freeze

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? No idea
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for 10 minutes
What happens when the bug occurs? Game time freezes but fire and trees still move
What do you expect to see? It fixed
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Snowy escape patch

What is your current game version number? No idea
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for around 10minutes
What happens when the bug occurs? Time stops but trees and fire still move. Sims are frozen but still swaying
What do you expect to see? The issue to be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch for snowy escape

Since Nov 10 update my game was crashing. I added the -nosound command and it stopped, however then I started getting  anew glitch. My gametime would stop during gameplay. When the game time stops my sims just sway in their current position but fire still moves and trees still blow in the wind. I can't click on my sims or do anything. |If i click on build mode, the trees still sway and fire still moves. Once this happens I cant save the game or exit without force closing it. It happens about 10 minutes into gameplay. I have tried reparing and reinstalling the game and I have also tried following Crins advice regarding the father winter bug and this does not seem to be it. I also have a pc and a macbook and this same issue presents on both. I have ried starting a fresh save and this doesn't work either. I dont usually have mods in game but added the mods from Crins post to see if this resolved the issue. 

Message 1 of 88 (4,882 Views)

Re: sims 4 game time freeze

Hero
@SimstopherD I'm moving this to tech for troubleshooting

You're the one from Twitter, right ?

What settings are you playing on ? Your graphics chip is a bit low in specs.

Can you send me one of your saves that's lagging really badly ? Instructions n my signature.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 88 (4,872 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hey I sure am Standard smile I will send it over now. I play on medium but have never had issues until the snowy escape patch so I'm not convinced it is the graphics. The game weirdly isn't lagging at all. I'm just getting the time stop issue where you then can't interact.
Message 3 of 88 (4,864 Views)

★ Novice

I've been having the exact same problem for a while now too and it started happening after I installed snowy escape, specifically after the latest update. It never happened before so I don't think it has to do with specs. 

Message 4 of 88 (4,842 Views)

Hero
@SimstopherD I tested your save and let it run all through my dinner and it was still not frozen when I got back. You def. don't have the Father Winter issue though.

Bit unsure why it freezes for you.

What specs does your macbook have ?

@miaffs Did you have a winterfest where father winter didn't show up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 88 (4,836 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for trying 😀 I actually did the same thing and left it running while I ate tea and thought it was fixed but if you start playing with it, it suddenly does it. Thank you again for trying though: I think I’m having the same issue as everyone on Twitter and in the forum. I think it has something to do with the snowy escape update.
Message 6 of 88 (4,835 Views)

Hero
@SimstopherD I'll test actually playing it a bit in the morning.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 88 (4,831 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Please do not worry. I know you’re giving up your own time for this so I’m extremely grateful😀 thank you for trying to help me
Message 8 of 88 (4,827 Views)

Hero
@SimstopherD I immensely enjoy this type of thing but yeah, at the moment it's a bit crazy so I'll have to wait for some down-time for further testing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 88 (4,791 Views)