[FIXED] Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: HELP! Can’t build roof or second floor

★★ Novice

I also have this issue. I think it is unrelated to the camera.

I don't know how to link directly to lots from the gallery. But I am working with a lot called "Windenburg Farm House" from user "SimLicy". Perhaps you can use her lot to replicate this.

On her build, you can see there are two small greenhouses off to the left. These are constructed by placing a floor, then adding a roof directly to the floor. That is, there are no walls, just a ground level roof that's been curved up tall to allow some space inside.

In my game, I deleted these two small buildings. Instead, I built a square room in that spot and tried to put a roof on it. I encountered this bug. I do NOT encounter this bug anywhere else on the lot, only in the place where the old "ground roof" buildings previously existed. To me, it seems like the game didn't fully delete the previous roofing section. No matter which camera I use or what floor I'm on, new roofing sections will only place on ground level. Trying to put them anywhere else throws the error.

Hope that helps!

Message 31 of 42 (2,154 Views)

Roof and flooring won't place on levels above ground

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try placing a roof or flooring on any level thats not a ground level.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to place a roof on a floor above the first whether it is the second or third floor the roof comes through on to the floor below as well as when trying to place flooring I have to line up a flooring square in a certain spot on the edge then press shift to lay any flooring on top floors.
What do you expect to see? Being able to place a roof on a house and having it actually work as a roof and being able to put a square a flooring anywhere I would like to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 32 of 42 (2,117 Views)

Re: Roofs can’t be placed in enclosed rooms

★★★ Newbie

we have so many issues to ":fix".  Why is this game so NON user friendly?  all my windows are a different color on my house, Why should you build a room in the yard if I want tile around my pool?  I think some one needs to listen to the people that play this, rather than "fixing|" it.. It wasn't broken in 3. 

I had the same problem, with the roofs on my small shop.  I fixed it by drawing a room around my shop, then It read it as a room and allowed the roof.  When I resized the roof, I estimated the original size of the shop, then deleted the walls.  Unfortunately, when I put the walls up... it deleted my shop walls, so I had to redraw and reformat them.  Deleted the floor of the larger room, and it worked fine.  I am brand new to 4, but very good at 3, so still figuring things out.... why?

Message 33 of 42 (2,052 Views)

mac roof

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to place a roof on a room, it clips to the ground instead.
What do you expect to see? Roof clips to the top of the wall
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hi! I've been trying to place a roof on top of an enclosed room but the roof clips to the ground instead. I've tried it on both cameras and while on different floors and I get the same results.

Yesterday, I was doing the same thing and it was working fine. Teeth bared

I'm using a Mac btw.

Message 34 of 42 (1,999 Views)

Re: mac roof

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @themaciface!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to our team! We appreciate your help a lot. :eahigh_file:

Do you mind having a look at this report as it sounds pretty similar to what you described in your report. If you feel like the report is about the same issue, you can hit the [Me Too] button on the report and let us know so we can merge your report with the already existing one. Standard smile

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 35 of 42 (1,981 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

★★ Novice

Still having this issue in August.

Message 36 of 42 (1,981 Views)

★ Guide

Just started having this issue after installing Realm of Magic. 

Message 37 of 42 (1,932 Views)

Hero

Attempting to place a room while using the Sims 3 Camera Mode should no longer inform players that "Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms."

Fixed in Patch 1.56.52

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 42 (27,673 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

★ Novice
@crinrictPhantomlover1717 I had this issue too and how I solved it was I clicked on the room I wanted a ceiling on and when you click on it a yellow line goes around the border. Click that and press build ceiling and that should sort it out
Message 39 of 42 (1,853 Views)

Re: [FIXED] Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

★★★★ Apprentice

Build ceiling didn't solve my issue. Are there any other tips? 

Message 40 of 42 (1,633 Views)