[FIXED] Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: HELP! Can’t build roof or second floor

Hero

Thanks for creating a report @Phantomlover1717 

Tagging @gracethesimmer81 @KatyAnn623  and @pinxkitty89  for awareness that this got moved to the bug forum

I forwarded this to QA and @BryonyRae will add to her list when she's got the time.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 42 (1,416 Views)

★★ Novice
This happened to me too today! And i found the solution and made a video for everyone who needs help https://youtu.be/rvIUbaIEcbw
Message 22 of 42 (1,387 Views)

Hero
Switching to Sims 4 camera as suggested in this thread didn't help you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 42 (1,383 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'm getting some clarification on this before adding.  You can encounter similar errors using the TS4 camera as well, if you use CTRL+ to change the camera angle such that it is facing below ceiling level.  I would tend to see this as expected behavior, since the behavior allows you to place objects at a lower level than the level your camera is on, based on the angle.  If this behavior was changed, you would need to drop down a level to place objects on a lower level, which could be quite inconvenient (think working on an outdoor space).

Message 24 of 42 (1,367 Views)

@BryonyRae 
Personally I think the hight of where this error shows is too high still. But the main issue is, it shows the roof on top of the room, not inside of it. 

On this angle you can place the roof on the edge but not in the middle on top of the room. 

I'm impressed you got your camera to that point with the TS4 camera, I can't seem to even get close.

1.png

2.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 25 of 42 (1,347 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Adding to our list.  Thanks, all!

Message 26 of 42 (1,317 Views)

★ Novice
Me too! It's driving me nuts... did you figure out a solution?
Message 27 of 42 (1,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@simdigo wrote:
Me too! It's driving me nuts... did you figure out a solution?

@simdigo  For now, just switch to Sims 4 camera in-game rather than the Sims 3 camera. That was what worked for us when we tested. Please read the whole thread to see this part. Anyway, once the issue is fixed they should mark it so in the bug report, as this thread is attached to a bug report. You can go to the first page of this report and mark 'me too' on the first, bug-report post. This is actually helpful. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 28 of 42 (1,284 Views)

★★ Novice

Has this been fixed yet? It only just started occuring for me in both cameras since the update 😭

Message 29 of 42 (1,191 Views)

Hero
It's still an open issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 42 (1,177 Views)