[FIXED] Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

by Phantomlover1717

Original Post

Re: Roofs can’t be placed in enclosed rooms

Hero (Retired)
@pinxkitty89
Repair the game in Origin
Origin/Library - right click on TS4 - option "repair game"
Restart your computer and check if you are able to place the roof. Make sure that you are on the same level as the ceiling.
Message 10 of 42 (2,151 Views)

Re: HELP! Can’t build roof or second floor

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue! I can no longer build higher than the first level. No rooms, no roofs.... nothing can be built that's above the main level. The grid is there to build on but it won't let me place a roof or second floor walls. First I tried repairing my game, didn't work. Then I removed all my game saves and tried to start fresh... still had the problem. So I did what I didn't want to do (which was uninstall and reinstall) and IT STILL WON'T LET ME BUILD!!! I'm so completely frustrated. I have spent so much money on this game and the best part of the game for me is building and designing the house. Please, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! fix this issue.

Message 11 of 42 (2,214 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@pinxkitty89
Could you send this started home to the Gallery? Name it Test7 and give me your nickname on Origin. I will test it.
Message 12 of 42 (2,204 Views)

Re: Roofs can’t be placed in enclosed rooms

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried to repair it first. When that didn't work I removed all my previous saves and tried to make a new game... same issue. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled. STILL doing it. So.... it's a game/server issue not an individual game issue.

EDIT: And yes of course I made sure I was on the grid. The grid shows but won't let me build a roof or walls on it.

Message 13 of 42 (2,161 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Yes of course. I uploaded it and named it test7. My origin name is Pinxkitty89. Also I have attached a screen shot of the issue.

Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 1.04.28 PM.png

EDIT: It seems to occur mostly in the neighborhood located at the top of Newcrest. It happens other places occasionally but always with these lots.

Message 14 of 42 (2,158 Views)

★★ Novice
EDIT: EDIT: I have found that if I rotate the camera at a certain angle I can actually place it without a problem. Thats more than it was doing before so maybe they are already working on fixing it?? uggghhh I sure hope so.
Message 15 of 42 (2,151 Views)

[ Edited ]

@pinxkitty89

Which lot were you building on?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 16 of 42 (2,132 Views)

I can reproduce, it's the TS3 camera. When you pan the camera to view at the wall almost it pops up when you place the roof.

Moving the camera fixes it though. The lot or build doesn't matter. 

11.png 111.png

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 17 of 42 (2,124 Views)

I can also reproduce, exactly as @Phantomlover1717 has stated, it's the angle of the Sims 3 camera.

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 19.13.23.png

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 19.13.18.png

It's entirely preventable by using the Sims 4 camera or simply changing the camera angle with the Sims 3 camera. 

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 19 of 42 (2,111 Views)

Re: Roofs can't be placed in enclosed rooms

[ Edited ]
Champion

I have also reproduced the issue by combining the Sims 3 camera with the lowered angle. (Use command + down arrow to lower the angle). Please see screenshot: Sims-3-camera.jpg

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 20 of 42 (2,101 Views)