[FIXED] [RoM] Magical clones can become permanent

by rostsit

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [RoM] Magical clones can become permanent

★★★★ Expert
@Xopharios Lol. Yea, when I had my permaclone I dueled with her quite a few times. It's handy 'cause they have all the same spellcaster abilities, skills, everything.

I'm just trying to figure out how it happened. The first time was accidental and ended up with a permaclone. The second time I tried it, didn't work. Even though I left the lot.
Message 21 of 34 (2,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@PsychotpsGuys, shh I love the clone thing, it took me several times to get a permanent clone. The clone looks exactly the same as the same that casts it may even be the same age, but I haven't verified it. Anyways if you spell cast with your clone and they defeat you 2 times the control spell is broken and the clone is free, however to stay permeant they need high relationship with someone in the family or the world to stay around. I took my clone over to the other household to see if I can play a joke on one of the playable sims of mine, but it backfired the playable sim of my fall in love with the clone and now the clone is permanent. I don't know if its a bug, but if it is I like this bug because she will count toward the parent family asperation and they didn't even have to go through all the child baring phases. You won't find clones in the family managers as they live in the service household.

Message 22 of 34 (1,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@XophariosIf you add them to your household they CAN go to work for you. 😜

I noticed if you stay put until they disappear they go away. If you travel with or without the duplicate they sometimes become permanent.

And if you play as Morgyn he automatically comes in the game with Dupicato and has the habit of randomly casting Dupicato autonomously. Although I find it hilarious having 2-7 Morgyn "brothers" running arround.

Which gives me a story idea: He cant produce children, so edit one of his dupicates to remove the no offspring flag, and then go flirt with whoever Morgyn's spouse is in that game or any female and then.....ooohlala!

WHOWHOOOOO!!!! 💖💖💖💖💖😘

Genetic "Morgyn babies" while keeping the character cannon. Sort of 😂😜😋

Message 23 of 34 (1,953 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@aidans1985 They can help you complete your family tree, with a long lost child story, that has all of your genetic traits and skills and age of who ever dear cast it. You can't do that with the cloning machine.
Message 24 of 34 (1,945 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Sid1701d9 Exactly!
Message 25 of 34 (1,933 Views)

★ Apprentice

Has this bug but fixed yet? It'd be nice to have a controlable way of making our clones permanent (such as inviting them to join household) But it shouldn't happen accidently/out of player control. Another way I thought would be interested way to make them permanent was the immortality potion. But they aren't going to make a change like this at this juncture. 

Message 26 of 34 (1,874 Views)

★ Pro

I had this happen in my game. I have a Spellcaster's Club that meets at the Magic HQ. "Cast Spells" is one of the activities. I was just idly watching while chatting and suddenly my Sim had a Clone. The Clone got on a broom and promptly disappeared. Shocked Now he appears to be the identical twin of my Sim. Uncle to his children. I kept waiting for his to disappear, but he seems to be permanent. Sim-Info is identical to my original Sim.

This is the first time any of my Sims have used this spell, so I wasn't sure what to expect, but did think they were meant to be temporary (unlike the Science Clones). The spell description also implies that our Sim should have control of them. 

I wonder if the mechanism for the Science Clone and the Magic clone have been conflated.

Message 27 of 34 (1,782 Views)

★ Guide

I also have this "bug", and the clone of my spellcaster even became a family member and she is visible in the genealogy of the spellcaster (the clone is recognized as her sister). I think it is quite funny, but also weird, because the clone even sends text messages to my household members and the clone wants to meet the sims in my household somewhere.

Message 28 of 34 (1,736 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [RoM] Magical clones can become permanent

★★★★★ Guide
@Psychotps So I checked this specifically (found time at last). You are wrong, at least as of the latest version of the game, Cloning machine DOES copy everything, including skills, and even diploma.
Message 29 of 34 (1,708 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [RoM] Magical clones can become permanent

★★★★★ Apprentice
@simmyfroggy """I did have my Sim travel home while the clone was still active, so that might be what triggered it""

Yes! thats the trigger. If you travel while the clone is active, its becomes a real sim.
Message 30 of 34 (1,667 Views)