Re: Question on Duplicato

by Psychotps

Original Post

Hero
@LadyDarkSorrow It does seem to be a bug. They shouldn't be permanent.

I merged your post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 34 (10,982 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@crinrictI did it twice, the first time they ended up permanent. The second time they didn't. Not sure what triggered it. I ended up moving between lots several times to see if I could trigger it again. It didn't work.

I did figure out I could use the MCCC function to "Add to family" and that worked, but I'd rather know what the bug was that I triggered the first time.

Message 12 of 34 (10,966 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [RoM] Magical clones can become permanent

★★★★★ Guide

@simmyfroggy  I think i did the same thing. b/c after 15 mins or so she wave her hand vanish. i jump to another lot,  after 5-10 mins on the new lot i heard a sound like a vampire will fly and spawn in. and there was my clone. i assume the spell didn't time out. or  my Sim was auto using duplicato..  then realize clone was working and tied to family tree as her sister.. I tried to remove her from manage world tab and she not there. idk

Message 13 of 34 (10,942 Views)

RoM Clone won't go away.

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EXCEPT machino stuff pack & my first pet stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a spellcaster do the duplicato spell and leave the lot while the clone is active.
What happens when the bug occurs? The clone will now remain in the world indefinitely.
What do you expect to see? The clone to disappear after a while
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, so I noticed something while playing on my mainfile that if my sim creates a clone (Untaimed spell: Duplicato) and leaves the lot, the clone will now remain in the world. I got invited to a festival and I accepted, forgetting that I left the clone at home. Once I got home the clone was no longer there but still in my family tree and in my relationship. I invited it over thinking it would go away by itself but it came over for a bit and then gave me the "I should really get going bla bla bla" message. So now this duplicate sim is walking around in my world and I had to manually delete it. I did this with a new fresh savefile and new sim and the same thing happened, no mods and no cc. Using the same spell wont make the previous one disappear either.

When staying at the lot the clone stayed from 8AM to 4PM so ~ 8hours
I then created the new clone Sunday 4PM and left the lot and went back home. Played the game til Monday 4PM (~24h) and the clone still remained. The clone doesn't appear at the household management so I had to install a mod to be able to delete the duplicate.

Also I went to bed while I had a clone active and it gave me the "I should really get going" message and left the lot and now I have 2 clones running around.

Message 14 of 34 (10,890 Views)

Re: RoM Clone won't go away.

★★★★★ Guide

So I guess what triggers it is leaving the lot while the clone is active... hmm...

Message 15 of 34 (10,855 Views)

Re: RoM Clone won't go away.

★★★★ Expert
@rostsit I don't think it's as simple as that.

My first attempt with the spell created a permanent clone. I wanted to see how that happened so I started a new world and tried it again. It didn't work. I purposely left the lot several times because I heard that's what might be triggering it.

It didn't.
Message 16 of 34 (10,828 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [RoM] Magical clones can become permanent

★★ Apprentice

If you leave the lot before the clone disappears, they will become permanent.

Message 17 of 34 (10,765 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@ShayminNasakura There has to be more to it than that. I tried it four times since. Just leaving the lot, going through a loading screen to another lot isn't what triggers it.
Message 18 of 34 (10,764 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had the same thing happen.  I made one doppelganger, and it vanished after a little while like it's supposed to.  I made a second one a sim day later, and it stayed.  It has a different first name as my sim.  It keeps calling my sim on the phone, trying to come over to the house, showing up at festivals that my sim is at.  It's stalking her!!  Uh, oh, time to kill it I guess...

Message 19 of 34 (10,739 Views)

★★★ Novice

My Old Clone is challenging me to a duel! Can become permanent? They are permanent! Clones need a serious rewrite, and they should be able to go to work for you ha ha

Clone Calling!.png

Message 20 of 34 (10,678 Views)