[FIXED] Resume making potion resets Sim

by WyntirNox

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Resume making potion resets Sim

★ Novice
@WyntirNox I've been having the same issue, I discovered it when trying to make mac and cheese with the cauldron and a last exception error from mccc popped up. I've gone through all of my mods and cc and none of them are effecting the issue, and it happens in all of my saves :/
Message 11 of 32 (2,061 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was starting a Kava Party and no subgoals appeared, just the banner to let me know the event is running plus the time.
So I bought a Kava bowl and let one of my Sim try to do a Kava. He stopped in the middle and when I told him to continue I received this LastExecption.

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 12 of 32 (2,008 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

It also prevents you coming back to bottle all if something interrupts your sim while bottling. There is still obviously potion in the cauldron but the only option is discard contents.

Furthermore ANYTHING you add to the son's que that you want them to do after they've finished making or bottling the potion will cause them to automatically leave the cauldron and do what you asked. They will not finish the potion or bottling the potion of you add something else to the que.

Message 13 of 32 (1,976 Views)

★ Novice
@WyntirNox Did anyone help you with this problem? Becouse I´ve been waiting for a solution. I can´t resume brewing nor I can start making the immortality potion.
Message 14 of 32 (1,804 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue

Message 15 of 32 (1,761 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic Issue with Eco Living Patch 6/3/20

★★★★★ Novice

@Ace_C1 I've been having the same problem as you but after I reset my sim upon T-posing, I have to empty the cauldron and restart the potion after completion I can't drag the potion out of the active sim's inventory. I have to click on the potion one by one and put them away. The multi select will not work either. I think it also has something to do with Nifty Knitting's plopsy's interface too.

Message 16 of 32 (1,726 Views)

Re: Realm of Magic Issue with Eco Living Patch 6/3/20

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well, at least they fixed some preconditions (i. e. being interrupted by literally anything during some time-consuming actions). Including potion brewing. Probably.

Didn't tested (and won't even bother myself since next DLC release will break something apart again). But as per update note text...

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/update-notes-nov-10-2020

Message 17 of 32 (1,661 Views)

Cauldron Routing Issues

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs except Snowy Escape - (On the time of putting this report, Snow Escape is not released yet)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I feel that the bug may have been caused by the new walkstyles for Snowy Escape (Skiing, Snowboarding), along with the script updates which broke routing for the cauldron. But the LE may have the answers.
What happens when the bug occurs? When a Sim brews with Bat Teleport, Mist Teleport or Witch Teleport enabled, he/she will get reset.
What do you expect to see? When a Sim brews a potion, the Sim should brew it with no interruptions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to the latest patch for the Base Game Updates.

As a modder, I have modded new potions into the game and when this bug happened, I thought that it was the potions that caused it. I have removed all potions that were modded in but the routing issues continued. However further testing shows that the cauldron works when there are no forms of teleport styles enabled.

With teleport enabled, an LE would show up with issues with crafting_process.py and family_funds.

Message 18 of 32 (1,674 Views)

Re: Cauldron Routing Issues

Hero
@TwelfthDoctor1 Is this when you resume the potion or generally ?

Could you post the whole LE ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 19 of 32 (1,642 Views)

Re: Cauldron Routing Issues

★ Apprentice

So when a Sim with any forms of teleport enabled brews a potion, they would run the interaction and stop that interaction before running the next interaction (where the next one depends on fast, medium, slow or slowest cauldron brewing interaction). When I tell the sim to resume the potion, he/she would reset themselves and an LE would appear.

I have attached a MCCC LE that shows a cleaner LE along with the regular LE.

Message 20 of 32 (1,640 Views)