Re: [OPEN] Resume making potion resets Sim

by ArcherAngelo

Original Post

Re: Cauldron Routing Issues

Hero
@TwelfthDoctor1 merging this with existing thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 32 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I took MCCC out (only mod I use, no CC) and the issue remains. I already hit Me Too   😊

Message 22 of 32 (1,331 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

From poking around in the Python code, it seems that in the crafting.crafting_process.CraftingProcess class, the property _paying_sim is being set to None as soon as the code assumes no further payment is necessary — but the method crafting.crafting_process.CraftingProcess.check_is_affordable, which is called when resuming, errors out if _paying_sim is set to None.

The following snippet (together with the standard injector.py library used by the modding community) allows me to resume crafting potions; I haven't tested enough to know if there are side-effects.

import crafting.crafting_process
import injector

@injector.inject_to(crafting.crafting_process.CraftingProcess, 'check_is_affordable')
def check_is_affordable_override(original, self):
    if self._paying_sim is None:
        return True
    else: return original(self)

Message 23 of 32 (1,296 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictAh..this is same issue i am having. I tried to cook mac and cheese in the cauldron in the realm of magic and my sim auto-cancels out of the interaction while in the middle of cooking....then my sim does this weird t-pose thing. I have another post about this. I asked the moderators to merge it since i think this is same issue...

MY ORIGINAL POST IS HERE:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-cannot-use-Caldrun-from-Realm-of-Magic-to-cook-Auto-cance...

Message 24 of 32 (1,291 Views)

★ Apprentice

After doing quite a fire bit of testing, I can say that my cauldron routing issue is caused by teleport system update on the mist and bat teleport.

Firstly, I've found out that teleporthere-vampire_mist and teleporthere-vampire_bat were scrapped and replaced with vampires_spiritpowers_flyasbat and vampires_spiritpowers_teleportasmist. This update was not mentioned in the patch notes. (Basically the teleporthere-vampire_mist and teleporthere-vampire_bat uses the GoHereSuperInteraction to teleport, however the update now uses TeleportStyleSuperInjection instead)

Secondly, from my experience modding, I've remembered that the Spell Teleport have testset distance of 7 which disallow the caster to teleport. However I do believe that the mist and bat teleport do not have any form of testset distance which could be the issue as they kept on teleporting on very short distances, which with the old system would have them walk.

So I decided to write a small mod to test this, and using the system did show that the updated mist and bat teleport system was the issue.

The current workaround is: Vampires with Bat or Mist Teleport Enabled OR Spellcasters with Mist or Bat Teleport Enabled (Applies to Vampiric Teleport Spells) MUST disable their teleportation before using the cauldron otherwise they will LEs will generate and the Sim will cancel the interaction.

Message 25 of 32 (1,247 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dimon6579 This is about resuming potions making, not cooking mac and cheese. Your LE is different so I'm not sure yours is the same issue.

Maybe it's connected but not merging.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 32 (1,240 Views)

★ Apprentice

A very quick fix is to add a TestSet to the teleport interactions to test the distance and stop the issue. (I have tested this and it does stop the interactions getting cancelled.)

Message 27 of 32 (1,204 Views)

resume making potions resets the sim

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all except MFPS and snowy escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game, beta test yourself
What happens when the bug occurs? resume making potions resets the sim
What do you expect to see? sim reesumes making the potion when you click the option resume making the potion
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

resume making potions resets the sim,

i'm not able to let the sim who started the potion resume making it

Message 28 of 32 (1,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I don't normally play with spellcasters so I don't know how long it's been an issue, but I am having this same problem. If a potion brew gets interrupted it it impossible to resume. It just resets the sim. I have to discard and start over, but this loses the ingredients. Incredibly frustrating.

Message 29 of 32 (999 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I haven't played a spellcaster since the pack came out.  I decided to start a family of them tonight and I'm having the same issue for both characters.  Luckily it was just a couple apples lost, but it's frustrating for sure.

Message 30 of 32 (960 Views)