by Proteus42

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Resume Writing starts over after travelling

Hero

Yes, they should be.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 37 (946 Views)

★ Guide

This bug will be EVER addressed? Every patch I check the release notes but I see nothing about it. It's really annoying and breaks writer carrer and anyone who likes writing

Message 22 of 37 (898 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Please fix this bug, it has been in the game for a very long time now. It is a repeatable and easy to reproduce bug.

Book progress on the computer resets when the game goes through a loading screen and sim has to start the book from the beginning. 

1. When a sim travels to a community or work lot for example.

2. Or when going to the neighborhood map view and using the manage household.

It is a very annoying bug when playing a sim who is a writer. 

Message 23 of 37 (888 Views)

★ Guide

I agree. It's very annoying that this bug still exist.

Message 24 of 37 (868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I noticed the same problem.

Sim was currently writing her first book (and hd hr progress circle filled to ~75%), then her friend Miko phoned and asked her out to a restaurant.

When she came back home and wanted to continue writing, the progress cirle was at 0%

Message 25 of 37 (848 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have the bug too and it is even documented here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ziQFzkE8yQ&t=81s

The player starts writing a book with Sim A (at around 0:50), makes some progress (around half of the circle), switches to Sim B (with loading screen), comes back to Sim A (around 2:25), returns the writing and the progress is reseted. This is super annoying and basically breaks this career.

Best Regards

Message 26 of 37 (824 Views)

Hero

Could someone test this for me. I've tried a few times and it looks fine to me now but I don't wanna mark this as fixed as it wasn't in the patch notes

@Chief_MCK @imhotep168 @Proteus42 @LittleMsSam @Rosehrtgirl

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 37 (784 Views)

★ Guide

Still not working for me Frown

Message 28 of 37 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Weird.

Could you give me the exact steps you did ?

Did you go traveling with the Sim that was writing the book ? How long were you gone from the lot ? Did you switch to CAS ? Reload the game ?

I have only tried going traveling with the Sim that was writing the book and some others from the household. No game reloading or CAS

EDIT: NVM. Others also say it's not fixed for them. I have no clue why it was working for me. Maybe it was just a 'glitch' (that it was working) :P

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 37 (768 Views)

★ Guide

After a lot of trying and failing i have found a way to fix this. I made a Mod which lets you resume writing where you left off.

Search on Mod the Sims if someone want to give it a Try. Same Username like here. Feedback if it works for others too would be welcome.

Message 30 of 37 (734 Views)